Gibson Brands Forums

I never get in here anymore

TWANG

Really bugs me.

my little hobby business go too busy..

now I almost hate it because I'm always behind.

I'm gonna catch up.. and then cut back, so its fun again.

and get back in here to gab about guitars for just fun instead of constantly

doing orders.

here's some new amps I got done!

redpearlnew.jpg

marshallcreamnew.jpg

My own epi lp is still gutted.. it's been guts out for almost three months!

I can't wait to finish it any longer, customers or not!

My Sheraton sounds great through those vjs.

But I want to hear my paul!!

yours truly

Whiney A. Whinerson.

Really bugs me.

my little hobby business go too busy..

now I almost hate it because I'm always behind.

I'm gonna catch up.. and then cut back' date=' so its fun again.

and get back in here to gab about guitars for just fun instead of constantly

doing orders.[/quote']

TWANG, in the present (terrible) economic times it's great that your business is doing so well. It also proves that you're delivering what your customers want.

The new amps look great.

Good luck to you, sir.

I was wondering what happened to ya' Twang. Good to see you're

still looking at the green side of the grass!!

The amps look great.

Although up here, we still have a bit of snow left, so no green grass yet.

Good news is we're supposed to get up to 11 C tomorrow. For everybody in

the US of A, that about 52 F. Warmest day in since last fall.

hey thanks all..

truth is, I erred. took on too much. didn't realize it until I had to keep stalling people.

It bugs me you know.. to go from. boy are you fast to.. hey it's me again, where's my amp?

I didn't get into this to make guitar players upset!

All our snow is gone. The Squirrels are once more becoming demanding.

They sit there on the feeder until I'm right up there.. sneering at me as if to say. perhaps today I'll bite the hand that feeds me if it doesn't hurry up,

and I prefer to shell my own peanuts, please!

Hmm. sorta like my customers lately.

dang karma!!

now. back to the slave mines.

TWANG

Good to see ya TWANG! I just got a new computer and realized it no longer mattered that I couldn't easily find that Epi place with the W in it's name! lol Hence, signed up here officially again. Good to see old friends on a forum that gets some hits :0)

hey thanks all..

truth is' date=' I erred. took on too much. didn't realize it until I had to keep stalling people.

It bugs me you know.. to go from. boy are you fast to.. hey it's me again, where's my amp?

I didn't get into this to make guitar players upset!

All our snow is gone. The Squirrels are once more becoming demanding.

They sit there on the feeder until I'm right up there.. sneering at me as if to say. perhaps today I'll bite the hand that feeds me if it doesn't hurry up,

and I prefer to shell my own peanuts, please!

Hmm. sorta like my customers lately.

dang karma!! now. back to the slave mines. TWANG[/quote']

TWANG great that the business is booming and to see you back on the forum.

Having run a business and being the type of guy that does not like to say "No" to people.

I had to learn two things to keep my sanity and health, enhanced time management (which includes taking time for "you" "yours") and how to firmly but politely say "no, I am fully booked up, leave your number and e-mail and "if" a window opens "I" will contact "you" to discuss your project"

Do not feel bad about being a nice guy who tries to do too much for people then gets bogged down......that happens...

TWANG great that the business is booming and to see you back on the forum.

Having run a business and being the type of guy that does not like to say "No" to people.

I had to learn two things to keep my sanity and health' date=' enhanced time management (which includes taking time for "you" "yours") and how to firmly but politely say "no, I am fully booked up, leave your number and e-mail and "if" a window opens "I" will contact "you" to discuss your project"

Do not feel bad about being a nice guy who tries to do too much for people then gets bogged down......that happens...

[/quote']

This is actually good advice. As my reputation has grown I find myself with more and more business every day. I have started to pick and choose the jobs I take. If you sound like a PITA, I refuse you. If you have a guitar that I don't think is going to be worth it, I refuse you. If one of my favorite regulars is in town, gives me passes to the show and wants me to come meet their touring partners, guess what, I refuse you. I am only one man, and I kind of enjoy being an "elite" service provider. If you want something done to your guitar that I don't think is wise, I am finally at a position to say "I don't need your money as much as I do my reputation, I am not attaching my name to that guitar if you have that done to it." Know when to quit for the day my man, and take a little time for yourself.

lots of great greets and regreets in here. thanks.. always was a good forum!

and tons of smart advice, as well.

I'm also going to build some things I want to build.

But, serisously good words, man. thanks very much!

Here's my first youtube. *L*

I found out the new camera has a pretty small memory so all you got was a few seconds..

it's an amp that wont shut up buzzing for me..

I'll put some playing clips up later..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_9gM8TIfaY

you will finally hear my Blondy and my LP studio. and even my Dove if the old arthrity gives me a break.

but for now. you'll have to be happy with me turning a knob with my tv in the background.

Really good to see you back Twang...........try to make it a regular thing !

This is actually good advice. As my reputation has grown I find myself with more and more business every day. I have started to pick and choose the jobs I take. If you sound like a PITA' date=' I refuse you. If you have a guitar that I don't think is going to be worth it, I refuse you. If one of my favorite regulars is in town, gives me passes to the show and wants me to come meet their touring partners, guess what, I refuse you. I am only one man, and I kind of enjoy being an "elite" service provider. If you want something done to your guitar that I don't think is wise, I am finally at a position to say "I don't need your money as much as I do my reputation, I am not attaching my name to that guitar if you have that done to it." Know when to quit for the day my man, and take a little time for yourself.[/quote']

And Musikron is 100% on about Joe Samicks advice..........

the last full year that I had my own gunsmith shop I almost exclusively restored antique and classic firearms, because my previous workload had been maddeningly overwhelming.

even with this lightened workload, I still worked so much that I eventually suffered a complete burnout.

Don't let this happen..........if you need a break from it, TAKE IT...........if customers don't understand, F them, tell them to come get their yeehaw.[cool]

I think you have to be right B4L.

Because it's sometimes really obvious that the stress is not the good kind.

I'm pretty lucky. I've told everyone.. and only one guy wanted his money back.

and I didn't work sunday!

well. I did but .. only what I felt like!

TWANG

twang, nice to here from ya!!! i thought we lost you. Good to see the hobbie or new career is doing well. I love the trust rod cover you did for me about a yr ago along with a pickquard for my dot. I was going to hit you up for a trc for a les paul custom i got. I can wait seeing you are quit buzay!!!!!!

Good luck and when u slow down let us know with a few more posts!!!!![biggrin]

It's a hoot to see these names come up in this thread of people I wasn't sure were still around.

Took about half a day off today to go to dentist and used that as excuse to watch old jimmy stewart movie.

*"no highway in the sky",, deserves a remake.*

I started hating the plastics and I used to enjoy those. Then I realized that instead of making something someone would really like I was

just chasing the clock.

hell with that!

About another month before I can say I'm ALL caught up and normalized. but I'll start some stuff earlier than that.

I just need to get these big jobs done, and right and gone!

Then I'm more back to hanging out!

Archived