Gibson Brands Forums

N.G.D. pics of my new DC

jamman

Hey everyone, NGD for me and here's some quick pics i took.8-24-10. post your DC's

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IMG_0122.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0073-1.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0307-3.jpg

thanks to Big K , if i didn't see your thread, I never would have found this 1. I owe you a Beer. I guess i was meant to get this 1.

My Gear :-)

‘05 (bought 8-2010) Gibson LP TM DC ( Tak Matsumoto Sig. guitar)/used

‘10 LP R0 50th Anniversary Version 3 1/500 (Cherry Burst)

‘09 LP R9 50th Anniversary (Heritage Dark Burst) 1/500, Bought 4-2010 new

‘10 PRS 25th Anniversary Santana Model ,10Top / Santana Yellow

‘09 LP R9 50th. Anniversary 1 of 59 (Rust Burst)

‘09 LP R0 Standard Ebony VOS

‘09 “Wildwood” CS - 356 Quilted maple & Korina

‘05 Les Paul Standard Faded T.B.

‘08 50th comm.edition, G.O.M. Flying V

‘08 July G.O.M. Longhorn Double Cut BV (Trans Blue)

‘08 Firebird VII (metallic red)

‘10 SG Bass Heritage Cherry

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (black / rosewood neck)(Fat‘50’s pups)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (natural / maple neck)

1999 MIM Fender Stratocaster ’70’s reissue (white / maple neck)(‘69 pups)

1987 Japan Squier by Fender, Stratocaster (white / maple neck)

1986 Ovation Model # 1767-Legend

‘08 Marshall JVM 210H - 1960 AX Cabinet

‘10 Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

And some pedals

Guest BentonC

That has to be one of the nicest Quilt Tops I've ever seen. And it looks great under that finish!

MOP inlays are a great touch too. Looks like a million bucks. Nice one!

Thanks eveyone. From what i understand the pups are a custom wind for this guitar run.this run of Tak DC guitars

Something like a potted Burstbucker is a good starting point as a disciption. the guitar was setup by the last owner to be more treble intensive.The pups are clear,fairly bright,crisp and very focused. No mud with these pups, at all. I'll know more when I have them ajusted to a more balanced sound (high to lows). right now they are not balanced to give much bass tone.I'll do a complete set up as soon as I have the time.

Very soon. They are different, but very,very nice.The complete package just sings. Acousticly, I've never had a guitar that had this much sustain and resonance. It's amazing. the only way to discribe it. the top is droop dead.... looks better in person. Even the wife loves it, and she didn't want me to buy it. lol !!!!. Once it got hear she had no complaints, nothing. Execpt that this one was the cure for my gas..... ok... yes dear...

LOL !!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have the SC version being delivered to me next monday,

dbwalker-albums-geetars-picture30658-lp.jpg

dbwalker-albums-geetars-picture30659-lpclose.jpg

dbwalker-albums-geetars-picture30662-lphead.jpg

dbwalker-albums-geetars-picture30744-jpnad-gibusaversion.jpg

an email from Gibson that I received about mine,

The instrument appears consistent with a real 2003 Gibson. The serial number indicates a Les Paul Standard premium plus top with rootbeer finish, gold hardware and a rounded '50's neck profile. We do not have information on production numbers. The appearance is similar to the Tak Matsumoto Les Paul which was available in Japan. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. I've been busy doing stuff. DavidI, This ones the looker, Another is in the works, the player. It's not a done deal yet so I wont say any more. 2-3 weeks it should be here. And than that's it. No more.The collection will be complete(It has to be). It's difficult to give them the playing time they deserve now. As for the Tak it's a great guitar. I'm still amazed with the top on it. Much better in real life. It plays sweet and the Pups are very hot. This guitar cooks. but the strings are a bit tight on bends. I'll try wrapping 10's over and maybe using 9's.

devin, nice looking axe man. Congrats. I was looking for something like that. enjoy. Did you get it yet? post some pics.

Note to Gibson Customer Service and Custom Shop. Thanks for the help in researching this guitar for me.The info you got me was very helpful and impotant to have. You guys have always been helpful and done the right thing by me whenever I've needed service.Keep up the good work.

Thanks everyone. I've been busy doing stuff. DavidI, This ones the looker, Another is in the works, the player. It's not a done deal yet so I wont say any more. 2-3 weeks it should be here. And than that's it. No more.The collection will be complete(It has to be). It's difficult to give them the playing time they deserve now. As for the Tak it's a great guitar. I'm still amazed with the top on it. Much better in real life. It plays sweet and the Pups are very hot. This guitar cooks. but the strings are a bit tight on bends. I'll try wrapping 10's over and maybe using 9's.

devin, nice looking axe man. Congrats. I was looking for something like that. enjoy. Did you get it yet? post some pics.

Note to Gibson Customer Service and Custom Shop. Thanks for the help in researching this guitar for me.The info you got me was very helpful and impotant to have. You guys have always been helpful and done the right thing by me whenever I've needed service.Keep up the good work.

got it, play's incredible & looks even better in person, I tried taking some pics with my camera phone but they didn't come out very good, so far the best I have of it are the pics that the seller took

got it, play's incredible & looks even better in person, I tried taking some pics with my camera phone but they didn't come out very good, so far the best I have of it are the pics that the seller took

Kool man, "If you take enough pictures your bound to get a good one". Someone, along time ago told me that, before digital cameras. so i learned with film. I still take a lot of pics to this day. It's a sure fire way to get a few good pics. Nobody here judges anyone ...... right, lol!!!

Archived