Gibson Brands Forums

Next Thing Ya Know Ol Jed's a Millionaire.....

badbluesplayer

I just was playing and I looked down at my guitar and - just had an idea for a piece of guitar related equipment.

I can't believe it. If I don't have a heart attack, I'm going to put it down on paper.

All I know is I want it to be called like Jonny... something.

Next thing you know my people will be talking to their people. Of course, somebody else could have already invented it.

I gotta go play some more. Gonna learn "Next thing ya know, Ol' Jed's a millionaire...".

When I get rich, I'll be like "Free custom trussrod covers all around...."

Then I'll turn into a complete ******bag.

I can't wait!

I'll keep practicing Born Under a Bad Sign in case somebody's already invented it.

:unsure:

I used to be a bazillion-gazillion-aire, but it just got to be too much trouble spending a gazzilion dollars a week, so I just gave it up and decided to live a modest lifestyle. You know, down to 1 mansion, 1 Ferrari, 1 Escalade, 1 limo, and 1 Gulfstream. I know what you are thinking; how can he get by with just one Gulfstream, well it's tough, but we all have to make sacrifices.

I think I understand what you're trying to say, you looked down and saw something a guitar player could use, maybe most/all guitarists, and you're pretty sure it's yet to be invented. You invent that product, you become $$$$$$$$$$ [thumbup]

I have a similar idea, but for the computer. Just don't have the engineering skills or tools to make it. [cursing]

Good luck, I read somewhere that everyone has 'a million dollar idea', the ability to recognize it and act on it is what makes some of us rich and the rest of us not.

I used to love the guitar pickin music on the Beverly Hillbillies. Anybody know who the musicians were on that show? I'm pretty sure it was Flatt and Scruggs for the main theme song, but who played the electric guitar in the Ellie Mae by the cement pond scenes? Could it have been Jimmy Bryant and Speedy West?

I used to love the guitar pickin music on the Beverly Hillbillies. Anybody know who the musicians were on that show? I'm pretty sure it was Flatt and Scruggs for the main theme song, but who played the electric guitar in the Ellie Mae by the cement pond scenes? Could it have been Jimmy Bryant and Speedy West?

I'm glad that question was answered...I remember that music well. Of course, back then, I was watching Ellie Mae more than listening to the music! [biggrin]

BTW, do ya'll know that Steve Martin the comedian is a master of the Flatt/Scruggs five-string banjo?

IMDB shows:

Series Original Music by

Curt Massey (199 episodes, 1964-1971) Curt has since passed.

Perry Botkin Jr. (72 episodes, 1962-1964) Perry is still alive and kickin' last I heard.

Now that may only mean they composed it, but I am sure Botkin played the music. But I think that means the background theme music during the scenes. They did give him a shout out in one episode where it is revealed the the banker, Drysdale had kin folk back in the Hills with the family name Botkin. Seems Granny's family (Moses) had been feuding with the Botkins and done run them out of the area years ago and Granny still considers the Feud to be ON!

Bob Bain is listed as guitarist for 35 of the 274 episodes. This might refer to a scene where one of the characters is 'supposed' to be playing a guitar, but they are just pick syncing. I can recall Both Jed and Miss Jane having strummed a few notes on camera. But when Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs came for a visit, that was them a playin'. Nobody can play Earl's break-down like Earl. (Earl is still alive and pickin' too).

I believe all the music was done by

Flatt &Scruggs

Could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.....dry.gif

I believe all the music was done by

Flatt &Scruggs

Could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.....dry.gif

Other than the episodes where Flatt and Scruggs were guests of the Clampetts, Lester and Earl only played the theme song, Ballad of Jed Clampett, composed by producer Paul Henning, sung by Jerry Scoggins.

In some of the video tapes and DVDs sold of this show, the theme song is replaced by some other bluegrass, banjo ditty, due to licensing issues. However, this replacement is sometimes only done on the first one or two episodes on the disk. ;)

Archived