Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Twiz

Gibson USA (Literally!!!)

Check this guitar out on eBay. I've never seen a Gibson like this before (other than in those ads from the 80's).

Yeah, I would hate to play it. I mean, Florida or Texas would probably dig into me someplace. [scared]

Haha. Yeah right man. I wouldn't want that weird thing. I'm gunning for a white flying V...

Also, and this is just a side note, this is my 1,000th post. Sheesh. I should go outside.

The local Gaytar Centre had one for a while. I love them for the novelty effect, but would never own one.

I think the guitar player from the Super Suckers has one.

Edited by evol

These map guitars were promotional items sent to dealers as a kind of advertisment for Gibson guitars. They do come up from time to time.

Bolt on neck, cheap tuners. A nice novelty item to have but I would rather spend my money on a serious guitar, you could get a nice Les Paul for that money.

. . . the ebay post says it's number 6 of only a handful produced. So they must have had a deformed hand because the last time I checked there are only 5 digits on a normal human hand.

Well a handfull doesn't really mean the number of fingers on a hand but that was a pretty funny comment.

They had one of those at GC Hollywood. They are absolutely hideous. At least I wouldn't want one.

They are set neck, not bolt on. That guitar was the sixth guitar made on May 6th, 1983. I believe there were quite a few made & dem00n is correct, they were available in a stars & stripes color scheme as well.

They are set neck, not bolt on. That guitar was the sixth guitar made on May 6th, 1983. I believe there were quite a few made & dem00n is correct, they were available in a stars & stripes color scheme as well.

Yeah... Chicago Music Exchange has one or two laying around. Looks uncomfortable.

I have fallen in love with V's and Telecasters.... some semihollows, mainly the smaller ones. Wanna fight about it?

Patriotism's great and all but I don't see why anybody would want that guitar...or why Gibson would make it, for that matter.

I'd want one. I'd love to fix it up and make it playable and sport it onstage.

I always wanted one myself.

Almost did it a couple times but the price was always a bit much.

Epi built 'em too - I'm guessing that's where the one with a bolt-on neck came from.

• Upvote 1

I wonder how much it weighs. It's gotta be more than a LP with that solid body. Heck, it appears that the only 'weight relief' Gibson added was when they routed out one of the great lakes!

I always wanted one myself.

Almost did it a couple times but the price was always a bit much.

Epi built 'em too - I'm guessing that's where the one with a bolt-on neck came from.

You see the Epi ones all the time. I didn't know that Gibson had one, though. Interesting.

Sheila

You see the Epi ones all the time. I didn't know that Gibson had one, though. Interesting.

Sheila

How do you have 2,000 posts and you joined about two months ago?!? [blink]