Gibson Brands Forums

Just a few more hours until the long holiday weekend!

Twiz

Hey, I just want to wish everyone a happy Labor Day weekend. I'm playing poker tonight (probably going to lose, I'm terrible at poker) with my friends, then Kennywood (a local amusement park) tomorrow in the afternoon, then band practice Saturday night, a BBQ on Sunday, and a lazy Monday. I can't wait. What are you guys doing?

Jamming a lot.

-Tomorrow I have rehearsal with my drummer and we plan to demo some new songs on my new Mac Book Pro.

-Sunday I am playing with an old friend; helping her with pre-production for her upcoming studio album.

-Monday I'll be holding church of the sonic guitar service in my music room with this crazy cat that freaks on the squares and loves fuzz pedals even more than me. He just got a Fender Jaguar and some new fuzz boxes.

Outside of that it'll be drinking a lot of coffee, setting up the new office, and hopefully breaking in my new bicycle helmet.

I can't wait for Earl to pass. The weather here has been MISERABLE. Crazy high humidex, no breeze, no A/C in the apartment, it's been too hot to pick up my SG and try out the new AC/DC song book my fiancee got me for my bithday, can't play video games because the electronics heat the room up like a microwave.

Apparently there's not a jug of water to be found around the city's grocery stores in preparation for Earl, though according to Blackie, there wasn't much to it. The city is also sold out of fans and the likes.

It's forecast to pass us tomorrow morning into the day, I work. But I am off Sunday and Monday, and hopefully the crazy humidity will snap and we'll start getting some nice cool late summer / early fall weather.

Cheers to anyone else who's got good weather/ good weekend plans coming up though.

Jamming a lot.

-Tomorrow I have rehearsal with my drummer and we plan to demo some new songs on my new Mac Book Pro.

-Sunday I am playing with an old friend; helping her with pre-production for her upcoming studio album.

-Monday I'll be holding church of the sonic guitar service in my music room with this crazy cat that freaks on the squares and loves fuzz pedals even more than me. He just got a Fender Jaguar and some new fuzz boxes.

Outside of that it'll be drinking a lot of coffee, setting up the new office, and hopefully breaking in my new bicycle helmet.

Jaguar + Fuzz = insanity. I love it. I gotta get me some more fuzz

Saturday I have a Day Gig at our local watering hole (Noon-5pm, Chads Place in Big Bear Lake for those in the area who care to hear a Nighthawk do what it was designed for, not to mention a Singer that can sing Heart, Stevie Nicks and Led Zeppelin [thumbup] ).

Sunday it's ZZ Top in Laughlin!!! Helll Yeahh!!

I'm in the process of re-financinig my home so I'll be looking at a lot of paperwork. After that, I'll prepare the church music and invent some new licks for Sunday. Monday I'll probably be sleeping in and bumming around, which means I'll be here. O:)

I just got a set of Look Keo Classics so I'll be crashing a lot at stops. My first set of clipless pedals. I took a k day (excused day off) from work Saturday as I'm going to a wedding at a tree farm. A hog roast follows and hopefully that ends in time to see Johnny Winter. Sunday me and the Mrs are going to see The Last Exorcism. Monday will be yard work unless the wind keep up. Everybody be careful out there.

Archived