Gibson Brands Forums

Who do you trust?

AXE®

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GOOD!

[thumbup] B)

I'm sick and tired of thin-skinned crybaby tantrums, and the self-aggrandizing notion that the world is so mean...

[scared][angry] :blink:

Give me a break.

[cursing]

Preach it Brother,

Like many of us on here, I'm Pre-cable/cellphone/internet/PC generation, imagine if you actually still had to go to the library, wait at home for a call, and If the Pres. held a press conference FORGET about finding anything to watch because all three stations are covering it.

msp_sneaky.gif

Yeah, what a mean world it is these days......msp_glare.gif

You remember those days too, eh?

ABC, CBS, NBC - and nothing else.

Cable brought us TBS and WGN - 5 stations!!!

PBS if the weather was good and you had to WAIT till sat. for cartoons.msp_lol.gif

cable brought us the same plus A few other indie stations, 38 and 56 out of Boston.

TBS and WGN were two as well for early cable, if you had 25 channels YOU were the cool kid.

F**K I'm getting old....msp_flapper.gif

Well... If I'm to be trusted by anyone, I hope it's because I try to be accurate on facts, express opinion as opinion, and try for a degree of courtesy.

And I appreciate the same from others.

Frankly I think most of the long-time regulars on here fit pretty well.

I do find it interesting how we "older" guys can look at some of the youngest ones among us and see some interesting maturation in comments over a couple of years.

I wish I had half Larry's jazz skills and knowledge. I'm not sure I'd even be credible if I worked at learning current rock styles and played that sorta thing with my gray hair and all - so I just keep playing more or less the type of thing I've played for years, but with what I hope is increasing ability.

Guitar is a wonderful type of instrument with so many ways to play it that it's almost a dozen or more instruments rolled into one concept.... And that, I think, is solid truth.

m

When I was a kid in Detroit, we were able to pick up a 4th station from Canada. This was their best show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV2P6P4p6Hg

Any other programs were in French

Woh, I just had a flash back. We used to watch Jeremy the Bear and Once Upon a Hamster with Hammie the hamster and GP the guinea pig. And speaking of Detroit, did you watch the Hot Fudge Show?

I've seen and read sheer crap here from "so called" experienced players and have HORSE laughed out loud at some of the garbage spewed from the keyboards of "Pro's".

My trust list...

I think you need a not trusted list and put my f'ing name at the top in BOLD PRINT.

I can't be trusted with a double cheesburger, large fries, and an 83oz. Diet Coke... =;

If you're getting the double cheeseburger and the large fries, why don't you go for the regular Coke anyway?

Listen, I'm a fat guy, and damn it I like to drink my calories. [thumbup] With my double (or triple) cheeseburger and a large fries...

And then maybe some dessert...

And then a bag of Fritos afterwards.

I don't smoke, don't drink, don't do drugs, but I eat like a death row inmate at his last meal. [biggrin]

If you're getting the double cheeseburger and the large fries, why don't you go for the regular Coke anyway?

Listen, I'm a fat guy, and damn it I like to drink my calories. [thumbup] With my double (or triple) cheeseburger and a large fries...

And then maybe some dessert...

And then a bag of Fritos afterwards.

I don't smoke, don't drink, don't do drugs, but I eat like a death row inmate at his last meal. [biggrin]

Ah, the young 'uns... It's great that you don't do those things, X! Proud of you man!! [thumbup] Actually, diet sodas seem to be worse than regular ones. I'm cutting all sodas out of my consuming habits. I'm not eating anything after 8pm, I drink plenty of water or green tea, and not eating greasy foods (at least not as much). I'm older (43), so my bad eating habits are catching up with me. You? Enjoy it while you can, but be careful, ya don't wanna be developin' no diabetes an' such now ya hear?! Ya also wanna be good to yer heart! Ok, I'm sounding like Richard Simmons now... [scared][wink]

Nah, fxxk it.

[-(

Just do what you do, let others think what they think.

I find that's the only thing that works for me.

I know what I am, understand my convictions, and do not budge on my values.

If Axe finds something he likes in that, cool.

If dozens of others on this forum get pissed off at something that they don't understand or rubs them the wrong way, cool.

+:-@

I'll survive, even at 45, with dietary habits exactly like XDemonknight...

[flapper]

(Actually, I'm the original Atkins guy. Few desserts or chips for me.)

Ah, the young 'uns... It's great that you don't do those things, X! Proud of you man!! [thumbup] Actually, diet sodas seem to be worse than regular ones. I'm cutting all sodas out of my consuming habits. I'm not eating anything after 8pm, I drink plenty of water or green tea, and not eating greasy foods (at least not as much). I'm older (43), so my bad eating habits are catching up with me. You? Enjoy it while you can, but be careful, ya don't wanna be developin' no diabetes an' such now ya hear?! Ya also wanna be good to yer heart! Ok, I'm sounding like Richard Simmons now... [scared][wink]

Actually man, I've got to admit that since I've gotten to college my eating habits have improved very much. I've been really cutting back on the greasy foods and fried items (I haven't touched a burger or a french fry for at least a week) and I've been more prone to eating salads and lighter meal options. The Mountain Dew is still my primary vice, but overall I've been making much healthier decisions regarding my eating habits lately. Let's hope I can keep it up.

Also, I've been here for three and a half weeks and I still haven't been compelled to drink any alcohol. Yay me. Although frankly there have been studies out there which are heavily in favor of moderate drinking for various different reasons... :-k Kinda makes ya think.

Archived