Gibson Brands Forums

Who do you trust?

AXE®

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny you should bring up this topic: I was thinking about this just last week with respect to a thread where I actually saw what I consider to be some pretty bad and in some cases downright dangerous advice. That wasn't the first time I had seen someone talking total BS, but it was the first time where the BS had the potential to be life-threatening.

My initial reason for frequenting the forum was information on a particular guitar. I have since learned that there's very little real information to be had here, so I guess my answer to your question would be: I don't trust anyone here -- not unquestioningly at any rate.

What one can learn on this forum is that the same social dynamics which one finds in the real world also apply to cyberspace: Some people find it necessary to pretend to be something they're not, because they want to feel important. Some people find it necessary to pretend to know things about which they know absolutely nothing, because they want to feel important. And some people make lists of who's cool, because they want to feel important.

People are just people. It's best to take everything with a grain of salt...

[biggrin]

I guess the rest of us are supposed to have our feelings hurt?

Since we are being honest, I couldn't care less what you think of everybody else. Opinions are like assh0les...

For some reason at a glance I could have sworn this said "opinions are like slashholes"

I though that was pretty funny!

I've seen and read sheer crap here from "so called" experienced players and have HORSE laughed out loud at some of the garbage spewed from the keyboards of "Pro's".

My trust list.

1) L5 Larry.

2)RichCi.

3) Thunderpoop!

4) FennRX.

5)R9 / Timmeh!

6) Milo.

7)Neo.

8)Laaz.

9)Me.

10) DuaneV

If I missed anyone I apologize. These are the folks who stand out to me.

It's a solid list

Is number 1 the person you trust the most with 10 being the one you barely trust or is it just random listing?

Interesting that you yourself barely cracked the top ten.

And that being the case how can we trust you're telling us the truth.eusa_eh.gif

I don't think an apology is needed. You didn't say the rest of us were untrustworthy. Its a large forum and 10 is a drop in the bucket.msp_lol.gif

You girly men with hurt feelings need to grow a pair.

I think I remember seeing advertisements for that show. I think it came out when I was a teenager, so it wouldn't have caught my attention.

The Hot Fudge Show was ace. Puppets, dudes with mustaches & long hair, and foxy ladies in bell bottoms. Sort of like a kids show written by adults on pot.

Are you from the Detroit area?

Sadly, no. I grew up ~70 miles North, just the other side of Port Huron. My father was born and raised in Detroit proper and my mom is from St. Clair Shores & Mt. Clemens. Being that far North, depending on the weather Detroit channels would not always come in so we ended up watching a lot of Canadian television. Those always came in crystal clear. Remember the Beach Combers, Bizarre, and Bowling for Dollars?

The Hot Fudge Show was ace. Puppets, dudes with mustaches & long hair, and foxy ladies in bell bottoms. Sort of like a kids show written by adults on pot.

Sadly, no. I grew up ~70 miles North, just the other side of Port Huron. My father was born and raised in Detroit proper and my mom is from St. Clair Shores & Mt. Clemens. Being that far North, depending on the weather Detroit channels would not always come in so we ended up watching a lot of Canadian television. Those always came in crystal clear. Remember the Beach Combers, Bizarre, and Bowling for Dollars?

I love that you guys are discussing Canadian TV back in the day....it was shitty but it was what it was....(most Canadian shows are still shitty)...

Ha, I remember Bowling for Dollars. Every once in awhile we would catch somebody we knew.

I love that you guys are discussing Canadian TV back in the day....it was shitty but it was what it was....(most Canadian shows are still shitty)...

I think it was CBN that we used to get. I remember a lot of French speaking shows. Hell it's been around 35 years since I watched that station.

I think it was CBN that we used to get. I remember a lot of French speaking shows. Hell it's been around 35 years since I watched that station.

Channel 18 was the French language station out of Ontario. They used to show that French claymation show Jeremy the Bear in its original French. English stations had it in

<wait for it>

English!

Here's another blast from the past - Definition. I'll take the letter "zed", please.

Archived