Gibson Brands Forums

A list of good sig guitars.

dem00n

I'm pretty satisfied about the Steve Howe ES-175 and can't find a solid reason why Gibson has discontinued this signature since almost 2 years now. It's a classic ES-175 but with Grover tuners on it, and that was a major improvement! Why did they stop? #-o

I'd be interested to see if Gibson could put out an official "Beano" sig Les Paul.

I saw one advertised as such once several years ago. It was given the edition number "Beano - 1 of 1"...

The owner claimed it was a genuine, self-commissioned, factory approved replica and had even been given the go-ahead for the project from D.C. Thompson, who are the publishers and owners of "The Beano" comic.

I'm not sure how many of his claims were based in actual fact, but it all seemed genuine enough.

Perhaps someone from Customer Services could shed a bit more light on the matter?

The ones I like are the signature models, which are actually different than a normal model of the same guitar. Just slapping someone's name on a guitar doesn't make it interesting to anyone except a fanboy.

Both of the Jimmy Page LP Standards -- especially #2 -- are cool. The Buckethead LP is cool. The Warren Haynes LP is also a great guitar. Too bad it doesn't have coil splitting.

I guess the best signature guitars to me..

1. Les Paul

2. Barney Kessel

3. Tal Farlow

4. Chet Atkins

5. Johnny Smith

6. Howard Roberts

Just an old guy...

These are unique designs..not modifications of existing models with "new exciting graphics"..

Yes a great selection

Plus Herb Ellis

and Joe Pass

I'd have thought they'd have brought a range of Les Paul signature guitars. They could bring perhaps 4 or 5 models out. The LP recording. A LP black beauty with some of his electrics in. The White custom. A Log version? With removable sides so it was like a Steinberger. Lots of money to be made

Archived