Gibson Brands Forums

Headphones?

Silenced Fred

I currently use these:

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/lowrider-black-chrome.html

lowrider-09-black-chrome-headphones-glamor.jpg

Great sound quality! msp_thumbup.gif I would expect nothing less from Skullcandy.

I would suggest these:

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/skullcrushers-black-pinstripe.html

skullcrusher-08-black-pinstripe-headphones-glamor.jpg

They have a sub woofer built into the cord and they have amazing sound quality.

I would also suggest these:

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/all-products/headphones.html?limit=all&headphones_type=7

Sennheiser HD600, or if you must have a fully closed design: Sennheiser HD 25-1 II.

I wouldn't even consider anything else. You will not go wrong with these.

Skull Candy is Chinese made overpriced crap, better than Bose though.

Old Fashioned +1 for Sennheiser.

I have the HD 280 Pro. Very Comfortable and good sound. Use them for my MP3, home recording, Computer stuff. I also have a pretty good pair of Sony's for guests.

I swear by AKG k240 studio headphones. They have a very flat response so you won't color your mixes with excessive bass. Transparent too. Yeah, I am old and hate bass boosters. My home stereo does not have a sub woofer.

3376.jpg

Yeah, I am old and hate bass boosters. My home stereo does not have a sub woofer.

What a loser. msp_thumbdn.gif

msp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gif

Sennheiser HD600, or if you must have a fully closed design: Sennheiser HD 25-1 II.

I wouldn't even consider anything else. You will not go wrong with these.

Skull Candy is Chinese made overpriced crap, better than Bose though.

I am also going to jump into the Sennheiser boat. I cannot personally attest to the quality of the HD600, but the HD280 works very nicely.

The Skullcandy 'phones are not very good. You are paying for branding and design, and the circuitry is not exactly outstanding. I owned a pair and frankly was not impressed. They get recommendations because they're trendy and people like to look relevant.

Bose I have no experience. I would go for Sennheiser. Koss is great too, but notoriously hard to find these days.

Try to find Grado to try they are amazing even the cheaper 60i sound great. The high end Grado are amazing nothing else like them

My Grado RS-1's and the matching headphone Amp are one of the things I would focus on grabbing if the house was on fire.

Grado's are the best available for rock music. Could be more comfy though.

Okay, I am going to head out to Guitar Center today, need to get some Acoustic strings, and I'll look at headphones. Right now on the list are Sennheisers, AKG, and I'll check out the Shure. One feature I'm really liking is detachable cables. Another thing I'm really looking for is quality of the jack (keep it clean) because it will be plugging in and out, etc.

Thanks guys, I always learn a ton from this site

I'm surprised nobody has yet to mention the recording studio "industry standard" from yesteryear, the Koss Pro 4AA. They were used in just about every recording studio in the world for 20 or 30 years, maybe still are.

I still have my original pair from the seventies, although they have been reconditioned by the factory once.

If you want to go vintage, retro, or repro, check out the Koss Pro 4AA.

I'm surprised nobody has yet to mention the recording studio "industry standard" from yesteryear, the Koss Pro 4AA. They were used in just about every recording studio in the world for 20 or 30 years, maybe still are.

I still have my original pair from the seventies, although they have been reconditioned by the factory once.

If you want to go vintage, retro, or repro, check out the Koss Pro 4AA.

If you buy them new........ make sure you relic them B)

Another thing I'm really looking for is quality of the jack (keep it clean) because it will be plugging in and out, etc.

You make that really difficult. [smile]

Good luck with your headphone search, Nathan! You'll find something you like--more likely than not, you'll find a few things you like, at a few different price ranges.

Archived