Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Special Is Here

bluesguitar65

Well, GC is stocking the specials with hardcase and comes in three different colors, TV Yellow, White, and Heritage cherry, but for $1299. So grab the heritage cherry with gigbag for $999 for a limited time.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Junior-Special-Single-Cutaway-Electric-Guitar-430805-i1540545.gc

Gibson Les Paul Junior Special Single-Cutaway Electric Guitar Features:

Lightweight slab single-cutaway mahogany body

Nitrocellulose lacquer finish

1-piece mahogany neck with long neck tenon

22-fret ebony fingerboard

Dot inlays

'60s slim taper neck profile

24-3/4" scale length

1-11/16" nut width

Dual Gibson P-90 single-coil soapbar pickups

CTS pots and bumble bee capacitors

2 volume and 2 tone controls with 3-way toggle selector

White button tuners

Chrome hardware

Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece

Available in three finishes: Heritage Cherry, Alpine White and Gloss Yellow.

LP Thinline Gibson Guitar Case

I think it looks great. I prefer the double cut but I like the single cut too.

I like how it has a bound fretboard. I'd take one in tv yellow. Especially a double cut

It doesn't have a bound FB. Thats his 1996 LP Special that has it.

If it did have a bound fingerboard, I would buy one straightaway!

That's odd.. Because I'm looking at the picture and it clearly has a bound fretboard.

I'm so confused.

Anyway I think I'll head over to GC today to see if I can check one out. I'm also interested in the new SG 60s tribute thing.

i believe the pic is of one of a different version that was out which had a gloss finish and binding

I'm just talking about this new one that just came out in this GC catalog.

By the way if that's you in your picture you look just like Pete Townshend. And I dig your gear. Especially the Orange and LP Special

yeah that was the one i was referring too at the top of the page

it says its a satin finish but the one in the picture on the same ad is clearly gloss i think it must just be an archive picture

and no haha that is pete townshend :P

and thanks i love my gear too :)

Well I just got back from GC and they didn't have any so no new info from me.

I still think it looks really cool and I'm surprised at the slightly negative reception. It's obviously not a reissue but I think it seems like a pretty fairly priced really cool guitar.

it doesn't have a bound fingerboard i have one

Hmmmm......are we referring to the same guitar? The one GC has on the Oct issue catalog is the GC exclusive limited run specail for $999 which comes with gig bag and it does have fingerboard bindings. Here is one. I just saw this guitar at my local GC and they have one left, bound fingerboard and everything as what the pics shows. The one linked to guitar center website priced at $1299 does not have fingerboard bindings.

DSCN1780-1.jpg

I have a les paul special . It was the first p-90 guitar I bought . It plays and sounds real nice It is one of my favorite guitars . It is a 1960 R.I. so it is not exactly the same guitar that you are taking about . I think les paul specials are very cool guitars .

gibson005.jpg

Huh. So theres one that you can get for 1000$ or so that has a gig bag, gloss finish and binding, and then there

is one that has satin finish, a case and no binding, but will run you 1200$ or so.

Anybody understand the marketing strategy for this??

Archived