Gibson Brands Forums

Update: I bought the ES-339

davidl

I was sharing my state of indecision late last week about buying a ES-339 that called my name in a local shop.

I read all the responses and suggestions from forum members and appreciated the input. But as it should be, the actual decision was mine.

It was fun sharing my desire for the guitar and I think the decision was made while it was on my lap. Just justifying it to myself out loud.

Justification achieved. I pick it up tomorrow.

Pics to follow.

Dave

Thanks FenRx.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. I'm picking it up tomorrow morning. It will be looking at me in my office all day until I get home.

Good advice on the last line of your signature.

Dave

Congratulation on your decision. I was in your shoes two weeks ago and I bought a 339 also. I have not regretted it for a minute. I hope you get to play it a while in the office tomorrow, it would bite to have it just sit there all day.

Congratulation on your decision. I was in your shoes two weeks ago and I bought a 339 also. I have not regretted it for a minute. I hope you get to play it a while in the office tomorrow, it would bite to have it just sit there all day.

I'm the IT Manager with a huge office. Part lab, part storage, part server room, good office space and especially a door.

That puppy will be petted at work tomorrow.

She'll get to run tomorrow evening.

Dave

I picked it up about an hour ago.

Gorgeous. 60/30 neck profile. Verified with Gibson that it is indeed plecked.

Can't wait to plug in tonight.

I'll take some pics of course.

What a wonderful day.

Dave

Damn, you've got more gumption than me.

I'd be going home "sick". B)

I am starting to have a bit of a problem with my eyes. I just can't SEE myself staying at work all afternoon. O well only a couple of hours left. Then I get to go shopping with my wife after work. This is torture.

Dave

... O well only a couple of hours left. Then I get to go shopping with my wife after work. This is torture. ...

OMG . [scared]

Shopping with the wife?!? . ](*,)

Inhumane. . Inconceivably brutal. . And probably against the Geneva Convention of shopping tortures.

My condolences. . :(

OMG . [scared]

Shopping with the wife?!? . ](*,)

Inhumane. . Inconceivably brutal. . And probably against the Geneva Convention of shopping tortures.

My condolences. . :(

Thanks for feeling my pain.

If this keeps up, I'll have to speak to the union.

Dave

I am starting to have a bit of a problem with my eyes. I just can't SEE myself staying at work all afternoon. O well only a couple of hours left. Then I get to go shopping with my wife after work. This is torture.

Dave

I'm sorry for your loss. msp_crying.gif

msp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gif

Archived