Gibson Brands Forums

Whoooo's a luddite?

Jantha

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

robotic tuning, then Chameleon tone technology, improved robotic tuning and expanded alt tuning storage, Pure-Analog DSP engine with Goldtone FX, SD memory card slot for recording/playback, audio stream with bi-directional control, third party app storage, wireless pedals.

That's quite list of ground breaking tech. Oh, and these guitars and their tech are selling well.

I lost interest after the words "Chameleon tone technology!" lol...

I don't see any violins with "robotic tuning etc"... see my point? Oh..ok go play with a gadget.. [lol]

I lost interest after the words "Chameleon tone technology!" lol...

I don't see any violins with "robotic tuning etc"... see my point? Oh..ok go play with a gadget.. [lol]

Because theirs only 4 strings and not that many different tunings as a guitar? [blink]

I mean i dont see a mag saying Violin World or Violnist... [rolleyes]

I guess I'm an anti-luddite by profession, and a realist by design.

I make my living in the IT industry and welcome innovation. But innovation is only good if it works for you and within your environment.

Closing your mind to new stuff is like burying your head in the sand.

I don't believe in making judgements about something I know little or nothing about. Check it out and then express an informed opinion.

This is not aimed at anyone in particular.

On the surface, I don't warm up to the new Explorer technology but who knows, that too may change.

Time will tell.

Dave

Good one. [tongue]

What about Violin Center? How many violin string makers are there?

How many thousand more play guitar then violin?

Ya got me there. But in all fairness, your point was valid in the first place. You don't see The Strad in your local Stater Brothers (Krogers, Ralleys, Aldi's whatever).

What I don't like about these Gimmicy Guitars is that even if the Gimmic is useful, it's usually broken of outdated before the guitar itself is. Or they require extra maintenance and Batteries.

"So you tore the frets off your SG and play it acoustically with a bow?"

No..Guitars were built like that in the first place...

"I've never seen a violin with a lot of things on a guitar. Kindof a ridiculous analogy."

Kind of a ridiculous sentence?.. doesn't make any sense, but then I only speak english...my point...a violin is a violin...doesn't need "Chameleon tone" (whatever that is)

These are all things to try and lure the Guitar Hero generation in...but in the end its all personal choice...you go and buy yer futuristic robot guitar type thing that will tune, play, and make you a cup of tea...I'll stick with my new purchase below....called a Traditional...because thats what real guitarists want....

traditional.jpg

No you don't liar... You sit in a hanger with the Blue Angles and you join the senior NCO's for coffee all day......... Hey we need to hook up, I haza band now!!!

Yeah Right! LOL

Any time Brother, I'm going to be going to see Joe Bonamassa, at the Sanger Theater in Downtown P'Cola on Wed. Dec. 1st. You should come over!

If you're going to criticize me for using a sentence fragment then you should probably make sure your grammar is perfect too because it isn't. I may be a little biased here, but I'm going to have to say that my post was much more coherent and proper than the one that you critiqued me with.

I never said I wanted to buy the new robot guitar.

traditional.jpg

... Guitars were built like that in the first place ... I only speak english ... my point ...doesn't need "Chameleon tone" (whatever that is) ... These are all things to try and lure the Guitar Hero generation ... you go and buy yer futuristic robot guitar type thing that will tune, play, and make you a cup of tea...I'll stick with my new purchase ...called a Traditional...because thats what real guitarists want. ...

No, guitars weren't first built like the "Traditional". Guitars were first acoustic instruments. :rolleyes:

Ironic - You're "Traditional" bears the name of a renown guitar innovatator, a guy that kept pushing the envelope, a guy who valued futuristic design and advanced electronics - Les Paul. In trying to make your point by insulting guitarists who value advances in technology, you have thereby insulted Les Paul, saying he's not real guitarist. Yes, you trash and insult Les Paul, but let me clue you in - guitarists don't get anymore real than Les Paul.

And you shouldn't write off guitarists interested in innovation and electronic advances as the "Guitar Hero generation".

As a matter of fact, many iconic guitarists have tinkered with their guitars - modifying the guitar's shape, modifying the electronics - and even building the guitar and the electronics themselves.

It's enough to say "...in the end its all personal choice..." without trashing and insulting people.

If you're going to criticize me for using a sentence fragment then you should probably make sure your grammar is perfect too because it isn't. I may be a little biased here, but I'm going to have to say that my post was much more coherent and proper than the one that you critiqued me with.

I never said I wanted to buy the new robot guitar.

Not a criticism...but "I've never seen a violin with a lot of things on a guitar" just doesn't make sense?

It's enough to say "...in the end its all personal choice..." without trashing and insulting people.

I never meant to "insult" anyone. I acknowledged Les in another post (Revolutionary New Gibson Guitar) [flapper]

Some people are way too sensitive...I'm sorry..there you go...now stop crying [crying]

Oooooh, why didn't you say so:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Luddites were a social movement of British textile artisans in the nineteenth century who protested – often by destroying mechanised looms – against the changes produced by the Industrial Revolution, which they felt were leaving them without work and changing their way of life. It took its name from Ned Ludd."

Circa early 1800's.

I never meant to "insult" anyone. I acknowledged Les in another post (Revolutionary New Gibson Guitar) [flapper]

Some people are way too sensitive...I'm sorry..there you go...now stop crying [crying]

Oh, so now you suck up. And not doing a very good job of it. [rolleyes]

No one wants an apology, especially from a luddite. [flapper]

Something that's caught my attention is the bluetooth pedals... will they come up with a bluetooth system for guitar-amp connection? Will they bring trouble when more than 1 such system is on the same range? With the bluetooth thing they could be on to something. But will it suck the tone?

with guitars, amps, musical instruments in general, I am a Luddite, proudly so. With my computer, phone, and that crap, I like to see what's new and get it when the prices become more realistic.

Did Henry really smash an SG a la Townshend? If so, wtf??? Give the guitar to a school or something you twit.

Did Henry really smash an SG a la Townshend? If so, wtf??? Give the guitar to a school or something you twit.

Aww let him be.

It's his money, and if he wants to fancy himself to be a rock star, who are we to complain?

For me, the thing that stands out is how much of this thing (I've seen it dubbed "Fireturd" on other forums) is just how much of it is actually manufactured outside of Nashville. Golly, wood from (somewhere), tuning system from (somewhere), electronics from (somewhere)...

If they could find a place where labor to push a plank thru a planer might be cheaper than... Oh.

Never mind.

I ain't buying anything anyway, so leave me out of it.

Here's hoping that all of you all who bought a never-to-be-reproduced Silver-Blue robot get all chilly from the opportunity to buy a matching Firebird X.

Archived