Gibson Brands Forums

The Jonas Brothers

Big Bill

The man likes proof.

Mabye he has to go for Jury duty.

If you're gonna go out on a limb and state you have buddies that can match a great performance.... I just wanna see it is all...

I'm not a JB fan, but there is no way I could ever state anything slightly disparaging about them, because at thier current age, I wasn't at thier level of performance... And even now they would blow me off the stage..... They're actually that good live to my surprise

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're gonna go out on a limb and state you have buddies that can match a great performance.... I just wanna see it is all...

I'm not a JB fan, but there is no way I could ever state anything slightly disparaging about them, because at thier current age, I wasn't at thier level of performance... And even now they would blow me off the stage..... They're actually that good live to my surprise

Please point out to me and everybody else where I said anything disparaging about these guys? You're really digging deep on this one.

Go ahead a delete this. As long you read it, that's cool with me.

I don't think I've ever heard a Jonas Brothers song, but I can extrapolate based on a couple factors, their target audience and who was paying them. I wonder if it would change if they were no longer under Disney's lawyers watchful stare.

Maybe if you buy now, and they actually start "rocking" it'll be worth more in the future.

They gave Joan Jett her own signature model. That is understandable. She brought some popularity to the guitar. Just like how Claudio Sanchez from Coheed & Cambria uses an Explorer; that makes me want to get an Explorer beyond mention - because I am a huge fan of that band. I absolutely despise the Jonas Brothers, but maybe this model will bring some revenue in for Gibson.

Then again, I could be wrong. I doubt there are a lot of eleven-year old girls who are going to be playing Little Wing on a Jonas Brother model.

"Despise" is an extremely harsh word, especially when bolded.

I don't care for Zakk Wylde or Slash, their music, or signature guitars. But despise? I reserve that term for especially despicable persons.

Why does an act whose persona is not degrading to women or rooted in the drug culture 'despised' by so many?

Why have I never seen here, that term applied to other types of acts?

If that type of life style is so despisable. Then I should change my name to "Despicable Me."

"Despise" is an extremely harsh word, especially when bolded.

I don't care for Zakk Wylde or Slash, their music, or signature guitars. But despise? I reserve that term for especially despicable persons.

Why does an act whose persona is not degrading to women or rooted in the drug culture 'despised' by so many?

Why have I never seen here, that term applied to other types of acts?

If that type of life style is so despisable. Then I should change my name to "Despicable Me."

I'm going to guess because they are manufactured by Disney, and Disney is pretty despicable. I'm sure that they are perfectly nice, wholesome boys with good intentions, but it may be hard to seperate the people from this particular machine. Just my guess...

I'm going to guess because they are manufactured by Disney, and Disney is pretty despicable. I'm sure that they are perfectly nice, wholesome boys with good intentions, but it may be hard to seperate the people from this particular machine. Just my guess...

I got my goddaughter a disney hannah montana guitar that was made by Washburn. Ive heard many horror stories about how poor that companies quality control is but the guitar was only 47 bucks on sale and with a cheap danelectro amp my total was only 67 dollars to get my little girl rocking electric style.

Surprisingly, the guitar played fine with no issues other than the pickups are rather weak but for what i paid it was a nice starter.

They were singing together for most of a decade before the Big D entered the picture.

You can tell when the argument is hokum when it's mostly made up.

Hold you heads high Jonas Boys. You know you're doing something right when the Prince of Darkness is on you like stink on three day old road kill.

They were singing together for most of a decade before the Big D entered the picture.

Hold you heads high Jonas Boys. You know you're doing something right when the Prince of Darkness is on you like stink on three day old road kill.

While teen pop and boy bands arent exactly my cup of tea i dont think anyone can totally deny that these kids have a marketable talent and the disdain people have for them really seems abit unfair if you ask me. They are just kids.

I watched an mtv awards show a few years back when Kid rock came out and belittled the backstreet boys saying, let's make way for bands with REAL talent ok?

The irony of his statement is he cant sing a lick and they can, put him and the boys back in the 60s and care to guess who would be out of a job? Food for thought..

You know you're doing something right when the Prince of Darkness is on you like stink on three day old road kill.

Satan? He is in my heart for sure. Couldn't play guitar without him. Not sure if he is in theirs. There's a lot of wholesomeness to eat away first.

I got my goddaughter a disney hannah montana guitar that was made by Washburn. Ive heard many horror stories about how poor that companies quality control is but the guitar was only 47 bucks on sale and with a cheap danelectro amp my total was only 67 dollars to get my little girl rocking electric style.

Surprisingly, the guitar played fine with no issues other than the pickups are rather weak but for what i paid it was a nice starter.

I know nothing of those guitars, other than the one you have is made by Washburn. I'm sure the quality is just as good as any other Washburn starter guitar in that price range. I'm glad its a good one.

So people that dont like Disney are evil?

Have you ever watched a Disney sitcom? The child characters are shallow, materialistic, cocky, arrogantand generally out of control - and the parents show a total lack of control over anything meaningful in the childrens' lives. Definately not a message I want to convey to my children. The Disney channel is mostly forbidden in my household - unless its Goosebumps or Phineas & Ferb. Phineas & Ferb rocks! Pucca was kind of fun too, but thats gone now.

I dont like the Jonas brothers, you know, because I'm 40, but I dont think they are the worst thing to come out of Disney. Who wouldnt do what they do, given the opportunity? At least they actually play their instruments and show a modicum of talent. Thats more than I can say for autotuned faux-divas like Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Emily Osment, etc. etc...

But Disney, to me, seems to have a huge hand in cheapening the quality and standards of music for the younger generation. Couple that with the fact that they own almost every radio station that Clear Channel doesnt, and the future of popular music isnt looking so bright. Yes, I find all of this despicable. You dont have to like or agree with my opinion,but equating people who "despise" the brothers Jonas to the Prince of Darkness is just as asinine as the people who unabashedly rail against them without taking into consideration the musical talents they actually do posses and dont give them the benefit of the doubt for being KIDS.

However, I still feel that a Jonas sig is a tad overkill. But I also feel that the sheer amount of sigs coming out of Gibson/Epiphone these days is overkill.

I have no animosity towards those who don't like The Jonas Brothers. If you don't like what I like, I'm fine with that. If you want to broadcast to the world you don't like it, that is fine. I don't apply the word 'evil' to any one because they dislike what I like. We are all different people. I don't like Zakk Wylde, or Michael Jackson, but I wouldn't raise it to the level of despise.

What I was observing is the number of people who 'despise' the Jonas Brothers and other wholesome entertainment. That coupled with the abject derth of folks elevating dislike to despise for other genres.

The commentary boards within the Gibson Product pages is a good place to start. Search for Melody Maker. The run-of-the-mill, un-signatured Melody Maker has about a 100 comments. Then look at the two Joan Jett offerings, about 150 posts total. Most of these three varieties' of MM postings have to do with the instrument, some good commentary, some bad, but civil commentary. Now look at the Jonas Brothers offering. 400+ comments, most disparaging not the guitar, but the Jonas Brothers. I indicated a vague 400+ postings as this number is fluctuating as we speak. It's up then down, as the censors remove the foul vitriol ascribed to these three young artists. Today it's fluctuated between 437 and 395 This shows you the shallowness and soullessness of those who eschew this group because of their beliefs.

I have no animosity towards those who don't like The Jonas Brothers....///

Ah, I Understand. I dont know if I would call them soulless or evil, but I get what you are saying. Its easy to hate on things. I've been guilty of it. But as much as I dont like the Jonas Product, I cant bash the Jonas Kids for doing what they do. I can, however, despise Disney for their soulless representation of the family unit. I honestly wish they would just stick to cartoons, fun movies and theme parks.

Archived