Gibson Brands Forums

Dot Arrived

cjlandry

Even after two years on this forum, I stll get a schite-eating grin on my face when someone here gets a new guit.

It's a great feeling - congrats CJ!

Thanks Brian!

I have a new strap on the way for this one. This one isn't "permanent" with this guitar.

It sounds pretty good. I like it.

Congratulations cjlandry!

That's a beautiful flame on that top there. Absolutely gorgeous!

Everyone should have a semi. And the Dot is hard to beat for price and performance.

Enjoy playing her!! [biggrin]

Already gone beyond my wife being happy for me, to her rolling her eyes. [laugh]

Congrats! A Dot is an awesome guitar; a great value.

Regarding a strap, I suggest a big suede one because the Dot tends to be a bit neck heavy. A suede one keeps it from diving.

Yeah, I got a suede one on the way. Similar to the one I use for my SG, but tan instead of black. Franklin Strap.

Congrats! Very very sweet. I love my Dot. How's she play?

My wife rolls her eyes a lot too but at least they let us get new guitars, right?

Walt

I've really been loving this one. Playing through an EVJ with a 12AY7 and a 4x12 cabinet. Love the clean sounds.

I got my reg'lar Dot sunburst late last summer. Not sure I really like the looks in ways, but the playability is superb. The sound is fine for anything I'm doing.

m

I've been kicking myself for not getting one sooner.

It's a fantastic instrument!

I may be full of prune juice or the effects thereof, but I think if all - or at least most - current Dots are as well done as mine, they're the best guitar bargain for a "type" ever. I'd certainly hope the nitro and better woods in the Gibbie are that much better.

I know mine already does anything I ask of her.

m

I may be full of prune juice or the effects thereof, but I think if all - or at least most - current Dots are as well done as mine, they're the best guitar bargain for a "type" ever. I'd certainly hope the nitro and better woods in the Gibbie are that much better.

I know mine already does anything I ask of her.

m

I agree with that for the 335 style - $400 vs. $3,000. There's too much price difference to want to move up. The Les Pauls on the other hand, especially with the signature midels, are beginning to approach Gibbie territory with about $1,000 difference with the Traditionals. And they've already passed the studio's.

After seeing this picture, I'm kinda regretting trading mine in and may have to get another one. That's a great flame.

Archived