Gibson Brands Forums

East Coast Winter Storm

rocketman

So how are you all doing on the East coast? One of my students is stranded in DC. When I live there the place closed for a week with just a couple inches of snow. I hope everyone is safe.

It didn't snow here much in Buffalo (got a trace yesterday). I don't know why people think we are the snow capital of the world. We really don't get much here...

I live in NE North Carolina. Third record snowfall for this area.Up to a foot in some areas.We have 6-8" at my house. The roads are treachorous. I drove my Taurus wagon in to work yesterday. On the way home,I landed in the ditch. Not to bad,help came and got it out. Twenty mph ,the rest of the way home...Ha!

We are not equipped with much clearing equiptment fot the highways and we have a lot of bridges to cross. Probably won,t go out today.

I am ready for spring already....hate this cold ****!

Hope you East Coasters are warm and safe.

My company's NYC office is about eighty percent work from home today because most people simply cannot get to work. Everyone in NJ is stranded.

Left Friday morning for my in-law's place in Wisconsin and came back last night to find we got four to five inches of snow in Chicago. Not bad and being a Michigan native I actually like shoveling snow, although the packed stuff on the sidewalk (from two days of people walking on it) was a *****.

We get verry little snow in this part of Georgia the idiots the big towns around cant drive in the rain much less the snow.But im an old country boy i grew up driveing on this Georgia red clay. After a good rain its about like a icee road

Archived