Gibson Brands Forums

Under Appreciated Guitarists

Californiaman

Having seen this guy on stage a couple of times, I know what he's capable of.

Apparently so do the stars who seek him out to be on stage with him.

Waddy Wachtel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyula9E9PQE

From Wikipedia: He has appeared on hundreds of albums over the years, and has been a mainstay of the Los Angeles music scene. Among the artists and bands he has worked with are The Everly Brothers, Jackson Browne, Kim Carnes, Rosanne Cash, The Church, The Cowsills, Bob Dylan, Gilby Clarke, Melissa Etheridge, Bryan Ferry, Bernard Fowler, Andrew Gold, Don Henley, Carole King, Miranda Lambert, The Motels, Maria Muldaur, Randy Newman, Steve Perry, Iggy Pop, Bonnie Raitt, Keith Richards, Linda Ronstadt, Adam Sandler, Bob Seger, Carly Simon, The Rolling Stones, James Taylor, Tom Waits, Warren Zevon and Laura Allan.

Jack White. Everyone hates him because he isn't as technically proficient as some others, but he has got great tone.

The list never ends though on underappreciated artists

i agree on the white comment, and as for the list never ending...it's still nice to get a "personal" view from our fellow forum members B)

Having seen this guy on stage a couple of times, I know what he's capable of.

Apparently so do the stars who seek him out to be on stage with him.

Waddy Wachtel.

Good call. Waddy's been on more hit records than most people's favorite

guitar player. And he's always got tasty stuff to contribute too.

Maybe not underappreciated but just not all that well known out side the blues world would be Mato Nanji of Indigenous. How he hasn't blown up a la SRV is beyond me.

I saw Mato Nanji on the Experience Hendrix Tour a couple years ago and the guy can flat out play.

Archived