Gibson Brands Forums

Pedal signal chain

NeoConMan

Hey all you Pedal Heads!

I posted this a few weeks ago - gonna put together a pedal board.

Pretty much decided what pieces will go on the board.

Not sure I have the order correct though.

Anyhow, jump in and correct me where I wander astray on the daisy chain/signal path;

Boss TU-2 > Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah > Whirlwind A/B/Y selector switch.

One leg of the switch will be left open for clean/2nd amp/future whatever.

The other leg will continue, going to;

Fulltone OCD > Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe 2 > Boss CE-5 Chorus > Boss DD-3 delay.

This all culminates in any of a variety of amps;

Either a 1981 Marshall JCM 800, 1976 Fender Quad Reverb, Hot Rod DeVille, or Blues Junior.

Is this gonna work?

+1 [thumbup]

I love my '70, OCD, and Supa-trem.

Neo, I would love to hear what you think of the Clyde and Mini Deja Vibe. I haven't had a chance to play with either of those yet.

I just noticed, I among my stuff, I use the same as you do; but I don't have a PRS yet.....and Cambridge rocks; I spent years there......Back on track, I love their PlimSoul pedal.....

Neo, whats the status on your Fender Quad ????? All fixed up ??????

Neo, whats the status on your Fender Quad ????? All fixed up ??????

Nah...

Still hafta get two more speakers.

The two that I left in it are not gonna work.

Haven't bought the Clyde or MDV-2 yet - might be awhile - but I wanna get my plan in place.

The Clyde is cool - no more than I know about a Wah...

Haven't put my hands on the MDV-2 yet, but I LOVE the MDV! [thumbup]

Hey all you Pedal Heads!...

Fulltone OCD > Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe 2 > Boss CE-5 Chorus > Boss DD-3 delay.

I put my vibe before my dirt. Plus by putting it before the switch it will affect the signal you send to the "clean amp".

I've always preferred wah after distortion/ od. That's pretty subjective though and it depends on the pedals.

Good point. [thumbup]

I definitely feel this one pedal to pedal. With my current set-up I like the wah before my OD\Dist pedals, but I have it after my Fuzz. I find my '70 fuzz plays better with the direct signal from the guitar, and then the stronger sweep from having the wah after the fuzz has a really nice feel to it when playing.

With my other dirt boxes I like having the sweep before so that more of the character of the dist\OD pedals comes through.

Looks good Neo. As a personal preference I like my wha first then tuner second. I wha with my left foot and its usually on a dark stage and I am pretty active on stage so I like the wha on the far right side of the board, its easier for me to find it in a hurry.

I had to move my delay around in the signal chain a few times to get what I wanted, just good ol' trial and error.

I have GOT to get an OCD overdrive to try it out. Seems like everyone here has nothing but good things to say about them.

In my experience the 3M brand velcro works great for pedals, no complaints here.

Good luck Neo, let us know how it turns out. [thumbup]

Neo,

I'm posting this link to Mike Fuller's Tech Page because I know you'll check it out

How do you like your MDV-2?

I love mine.

I've a few Fulltone products and some HBE (Arizona made) pedals.

I wish Fulltone made a good phasor.

Looks like you've got it laid out well. Although I would be more inclined to put the MDV-2 right after the Wah.

Neo,

I'm posting this link to Mike Fuller's Tech Page because I know you'll check it out

How do you like you MDV-2?

I love mine.

I've a few Fulltone products and some HBE (Arizona made) pedals.

I wish Fulltone made a good phasor.

Looks like you've got it laid out well. Although I would be more inclined to put the MDV-2 right after the Wah.

I agree..everything looks great Neo but I would place the MDV-2 right after the Wah as stated by Californiaman...and if you get any more OD/Distortion pedals remember to put the "highest" gain pedal first and then go from there..good luck!

Are you planning on getting the treadle MDV-2 or the stomp MDV-2?

Treadle version.

WHat made you come around to using FX?

That fxcking Fulltone OCD pedal.... [cursing]

Ruined EVERYTHING for me.

I've been perfectly happy with nothing but a cord between my guitar and amp for 30 years.

I mean, a GOOD guitar, a GOOD amp, and a GOOD cable - Heavenly.

I started messing around with the OCD a year ago, and it all started.

Where I was always content to use onboard gain on all my amps, the OCD into a clean amp is COOL AS HELL.

Finally, I couldn't go back.

Archived