Gibson Brands Forums

I should be getting my amp in three weeks

duane v

Finally found a amplifier company that makes an amp that fits my style, at least from the big rock sound that I enjoy.....

I've been chasing this sound the last two years, and even though my AC50 has a kickass metal tone, I have to drastically change the EQ to get it, and I really enjoy the clean tones more that come from the AC50 anyhow, and it has become a PIA to go back and forth with just one amp. I have a MesaBoogie MarkIIB combo amp redone, but I'm not happy with the results, so that sucker is gonna be sold.

So basically I shelled out a little over $4k for the Mojave Ampworks Dirty Boy amp, with a 4x12 cab... What a kickass tone [thumbup] ... It nails the early George Lynch / EVH Fair Warning tone like know other amp I've ever tried...

Congrats they really make a killer amp. I almost bought the 12 watt Coyote head last year it was a great sounding amp especially with single coils. I really liked the separate bass volume and treble volume. It was close but I went with the Carr model only because I liked it better with the HB.

The Dirty Boy has a huge sound and love the variac power control built right into the face.

It is wonderful that in today's world there are quite a few ' boutique ' tube amp makers around.........I scanned the Mojave's site, and the Dirty Boy manual....There have been many attempts to 'solve'

the problems addressed by these amp makers; These guys seem to have combined a nice set of answers to resolve what players want from their tube amps.....good for them, and good for you...

And $4000.00 really is reasonable for an amp that is perfect for tone perfection........

( I never found a Mesa to suit me, THEN they came out with the Mark 5, go figure...)......

• 4 weeks later...

Finally found a amplifier company that makes an amp that fits my style, at least from the big rock sound that I enjoy.....

I've been chasing this sound the last two years, and even though my AC50 has a kickass metal tone, I have to drastically change the EQ to get it, I have a MesaBoogie MarkIIB combo amp redone, but I'm not happy with the results,

So basically I shelled out a little over $4k for the Mojave Ampworks Dirty Boy amp, with a 4x12 cab...

same old story for us eh? ALWAYS chasing the "perfect" tone...glad you finally found yours [biggrin]

Where are you going in Australia?

My sister lives in Canberra. She loves it.

I'm currently in a little town called "BlackTown" I'm staying at a dump of a Travel Lodge Hotel [cursing]

same old story for us eh? ALWAYS chasing the "perfect" tone...glad you finally found yours [biggrin]

Just getting back what I lost when I sold my two MarkII Boogied heads back in the early 80's

Went and picked up my amp and cab today, and there's nothing else to say but what an amp..... [thumbup][thumbup] .... IMO, there's nothing out there that can touch it, and I've tried just about everything over the last two years.

The damn thing has ten tubes and five transformers [confused]

Went and picked up my amp and cab today, and there's nothing else to say but what an amp..... [thumbup][thumbup] .... IMO, there's nothing out there that can touch it, and I've tried just about everything over the last two years.

The damn thing has ten tubes and five transformers [confused]

Pictures man!

And my Sunn has ten tubes and two transformers... damn thing weighs a ton

That looks *****in' man!

Now take some photos worthy of such a work of art [biggrin]

nah, just move the damn pole next time [flapper]

Even with a high dollar camera, I suck at taking pictures [thumbdn]

I'm moving my man-hole upsatirs to a bigger room next month... I'll have my drumset, bass equipment and a recording booth all set-up... [thumbup]

Archived