Gibson Brands Forums

Micro Amps

neilpanda

Well I was going through my guitar box and I found my Marshall MS-4 sitting there.

I got it a long time ago when I liked to walk around with a guitar in hand. Now

that I've found it, I remember how much I loved this thing. Any of you guys ever

use one of these? I heard the one by Orange was good.

here is is with my strat Heres another photo I took when I got into photography

73909_152599014784529_100001032944902_288813_4605271_n.jpg

I've got one of those little Danelectro Honeytone micro amps. Likewise, I got it a number of years ago and forget about it for long periods of time. But when I come across it and mess around with it for a while I'm struck by the fact that it really sounds pretty decent for what it is and can be surprisingly loud. For $20 it's not at all bad.

I use one of these, don't sound half bad if you asked me, a bit on the pricey side but they get the job done as well as I could ask (though I wish mine had a reverb setting. Tone stays pretty dry, you're not going to get BB King sounds out of it (not even close). But if its not a good time to be waking the neighbors up, and you need some distortion, this'll do the job pretty well. Worth giving it a spin if you ever get a chance. Its interesting to toy with as a preamp too, just screwing around with it.

I've got one of those little Danelectro Honeytone micro amps. Likewise, I got it a number of years ago and forget about it for long periods of time. But when I come across it and mess around with it for a while I'm struck by the fact that it really sounds pretty decent for what it is and can be surprisingly loud. For $20 it's not at all bad.

I have one of those too, and it's a great micro. It was the cheapest of any of the micro amps I tested, but it is really LOUD and sounds great overdriven.

My sister got me a vox amplug for christmas which is great. Ive seen loads of rewiews of the orange and build quality is appauling, one reviewer accidentally pulled the wooden top off when trying to take it out of the box. a few others hae also broken them in reviews by mistake. i want to build a smokey amp because they're so simple.

Fender Mini Tone Master [thumbup]

Actually gets pretty loud, and have done some recordings with it. For the price, I am very pleased with it. I want a real Tone Master now [flapper]

But... I am the Tone Master [wub]

I've got one too - sounds better through the headphones than it does through the speaker, but it's great for an apartment. Just plug it in to a 9v power supply and you don't have to worry about batteries.

Did you mike it to record or just feed the headphone out to the recorder?

I've got one too - sounds better through the headphones than it does through the speaker, but it's great for an apartment. Just plug it in to a 9v power supply and you don't have to worry about batteries.

Did you mike it to record or just feed the headphone out to the recorder?

Mic it up to record

That was my main amp when I was an apartment dweller. Not bad for a 9 volt toy.

I picked one up today from GC on a 10% off coupon. Not bad for a 9 volt toy is correct. All things considered it's okay. I am planning to do a good bit of traveling during the next few months, so it will be handy to have along anyways.

Archived