Gibson Brands Forums

Songs that give you the shivers

Kiwi

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, a lot of great selections here, the Neil Young and Dire Straits certainly among them. Thanks guys.

I'll admit I'm someone who will sometimes tear up to a song on my iPod on the bus on the way home from work or on a plane, but here are a couple that come to mind right now that give me the shivers:

First, Steve Earle's tribute to Townes Van Zandt::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4WOys7sWvU

Thanks for that. Steve Earle has a story, almost tragic but from that, some incredible music. Copperhead Road being a fine example in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Bagpipes - especially playing taps way to many close friends in military and law enforcement have been buried to the haunting wail of those pipes.

[thumbup] Without a doubt

A dear friend of mine who was a fighter pilot was buried at Arlington with full honers. It was

hard to hold it together that day, but when the bagpipes kicked in I lost it.

Okay, I'm posting another one. BUT!.... this is only for die-hard old school country music types. If you can't handle that cryin', hurtin', pedal steel kinda stuff, DO NOT ENTER! I love this song and the pedal steel in this song sends shivers up my arms and neck. It's sparse, but it's powerful, IMO. Of course, the more alcohol you consume, the more this gets to you. I'm thinking the only one who can really appreciate this one is Milod, but I'll post it anyway. [biggrin]

Archived