Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: LP Special TV Yellow

Magneezo

I've been fondling that very guitar for weeks now, Mag ... that and it's lovely trans-wine sibling. In fact, probably the only reason it has not followed me home is a: I have five Les Pauls already, and b: I've been waiting for an Epi Nighthawk to show up and be tested.

I've been on such a P90 kick lately ... congrats and enjoy your new axe!

Jim

I was at GC today playing their exclusive Gibson version of the LP Special, selling for $999. Nice guitar. But your deal reminds me of one of my all time best buys from GC: A brand new in the box 2007 Gibson LP double-cut with P90s, in TV yellow, for $485 (w/gig bag). Sometimes GC comes through in a very big way!

Magnezzo.....(Gas),

Welcome to the club.

Congrats on a great guitar! I love mine.

I've didn't notice your signature before to realize who you are. I'm often surprised at how many "old" members have new names.

Anyway, enjoy. You got a great deal on what IMO is a great guitar.

Willy

Great looking LP and a great deal.

I got mine for $211 from GC during the Black Friday sale.

The thing that determined my buy was that it was not as yellow as the others that I have seen.

Mine is fairly transparent:

1164d618.jpg

It has a 2010 serial number.

I remember playing one when they first came out and it was more opaque than this.

Enjoy.

Mark

Great looking LP and a great deal.

I got mine for $211 from GC during the Black Friday sale.

The thing that determined my buy was that it was not as yellow as the others that I have seen.

Mine is fairly transparent:

1164d618.jpg

It has a 2010 serial number.

I remember playing one when they first came out and it was more opaque than this.

Enjoy.

Mark

I know what you mean. The first one I saw sometime last year looked like a split pea soup color-Gerber baby food. This one is just about as close as I could have hoped for to TV yellow.

Congrats! I may as well add my story to the lot. I had a luthier retool an Epiphone'57 Reissue Junior into a Special with Lindy Fralin P-90s. Oh, the cost! It killed me when the folks at Epiphone started making the Special again. Mine's yellow, too!

Congrats! I may as well add my story to the lot. I had a luthier retool an Epiphone'57 Reissue Junior into a Special with Lindy Fralin P-90s. Oh, the cost! It killed me when the folks at Epiphone started making the Special again. Mine's yellow, too!

pictures ?

Archived