Gibson Brands Forums

Initiating A Guitar To The Family

neilpanda

My guitar family is growing and I have a way of making them truly part of the family. I play the on the toilet. ([confused])

Yes, I play my guitars on the toilet, but its also a way of welcoming my guitars and saying that they are part of the family.

So what if its weird? Hendrix did it too! What do you guys do with your new guitars? If you havent already seen it, heres my newest.

Just got done being played on the toilet. [thumbup]

4ba70445-1.jpg?t=1299541497

well, you can forget about selling any of your guitars on THIS forum, now that we have this piece of information.

i'm sure they sound good, but smell..not so good.

i am not even going to ask you what you polish them with..don't want to know.

hahaha I knew all these puns and jokes were coming. no I wasnt planning on selling my axes here, no it doesnt

smell like ash they smell like new wood. and yes, the bathroom has the best acoustics in the house.

I play the on the toilet. ([confused]) Yes, I play my guitars on the toilet. Just got done being played on the toilet. [thumbup]

4ba70445-1.jpg?t=1299541497

Ooooo. Gross!

Hope you washed your hands afterwards.

So does the ol' saying, "If you shake it more than once, you're playing with it," apply here? [flapper]

Bout the only thing I do to initiate them into the family is plug 'em in and turn up the amp as loud as I can tolerate it.

I don't own an acoustic guitar.

Ooooo. Gross!

Hope you washed your hands afterwards.

So does the ol' saying, "If you shake it more than once, you're playing with it," apply here? [flapper]

Bout the only thing I do to initiate them into the family is plug 'em in and turn up the amp as loud as I can tolerate it.

I don't own an acoustic guitar.

of course I washed my hands! not doing so would be unsanitary. nope, the saying doesnt apply, but Im actually just trying to live up to Henndrix [flapper]

Just like with a new ship, I like to SMASH a bottle of champagne on the headstock, then I watch as my new guitar slips quietly under the bathtub water !!!!!!! [scared] :unsure:

Then I dry it off and put lots of new dents into it just like ' Ican'tbuyafender ', then use spackle to fill in the holes !!!!! :blink: [woot]

Step three; Play Lady GaGa's latest hit song on the new guitar until my cats complain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [wub][lol]

I hug it and kiss it and tell it how its better than all of my other guitars then put in the case before it sees me with the other guitars because i wouldn't want her to get jealous... no she can't get jealous so she will never know... never know... its our little secret

.. I play the on the toilet. ...its also a way of welcoming my guitars and saying that they are part of the family. ...

What do you guys do with your new guitars? ...

Kind of like welcoming your guitars into a world of sh!t. . . [flapper]

I play my new guitars, but not on the toilet.

Archived