Gibson Brands Forums

Cap'n Cruch Sails aways

tazzboy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That cereal was dangerous. Cut up the roof of your mouth!

RIP Cap'n!

Yeah but it never got soggie... [biggrin] I think that's really dumb... Kids aren't getting fat because of Cap'n Crunch they are getting fat from sitting at home on the computer instead of getting exercise outside. I guess the government will have to reduce the amount of time kids can be on the computer next... ](*,)

I believe it was 1965 when my mother and I went grocery shopping at the new supermarket in town. That same store has doubled in size and is now only considered an average size store but in 1965 it was like a WalMart Super Center. It was Saturday and I had seen a TV ad for Cap'n Crunch during the cartoons. We found it at the store and bought a box.

On the way home we saw my father on his mail route and stopped to chat. I distinctly remember Mom telling Dad, "We bought a box of new cereal today and it was fifty five cents! Can you believe paying that much for one box of cereal??"

And thus began my long relationship with sugary breakfast cereal. All through my childhood it served as snack food any time of day. I never developed an appetite for chips or other junk food, just cereal. My choice was a balance of taste and whatever crap toy they were giving away in the box.

Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries

Peanut Butter Crunch

Vanilly Crunch

Quisp

Quake

Count Chocula

Franken Berry

Ka-Boom (God, that stuff was awful. Tasted like Chocks vitamins)

And in the early 70s I made the transition to the hippie cereals like Country Morning, Alpen, and Granola.

I can't believe the horror of this news. [scared]

It has to be plot to destroy America. I eat Captain Cunch 3-4 times a week it's the only breakfast cereal I can or will eat. I have to hit the stores tomorrow and find more I only have two boxes. [crying]

This is horrible I guess Froot Loops will keep you alive but it's not the same. Time for everyone to write the senators for your states [cursing]

I think this anti-sugar thing has gone too far. I used to eat Cracklin' Oat Bran once in a while and it was almost a delicacy because of the price. I spotted it at the store a couple weeks back and bought a box on a whim.

YUCK!

They've changed the recipe and now it tastes like chalk.

Remember the good old days when they merely changed the NAME? When they changed Super Sugar Crisp to Super Golden Crisp and dropped the "Sugar" from Sugar Frosted Flakes?

Su-Gar!

Su-Gar!

Su-Gar!

51109.6a00d83451b05569e20120a6c89af3970b-800wi.jpg

He's just getting promoted to a different post, possibly Admiral Crunch?

Also, I agree it's not any type of food that's causing obesity, it's people's and parents inability to control portion size.

They don't need to sell candy bars in bags with smaller sized bits for twice the price; just don't eat the whole candy bar at once, wrap it up and put it away for later.

I have always eaten cereal like Granola and Honey Bunches of Oats, you know, the hippie ones [biggrin]

But that's ridiculous! The government is full of bull****. Its cereal, why should they be able to say its not healthy?

I can still go to McDonald's and order 20 McDoubles for $20 bucks, no questions asked. But eat a cereal? never

I'm gonna go buy a box today, because I've never actually had Cap'n Crunch...

Um, if you read the article it isn't going away. They are just going to stop marketing it to children. Can't say that is a bad thing.

So you'll still be able to get your broken glass cereal (that **** does tear up your mouth), you just won't see adverts during Saturday morning cartoons.

Oh yes, lets make sure our children don't eat that bad ole Cap'n Crunch for breakfast. "You should be eating healthy. Here, have a Pop-Tart. Or a Toaster Strudel. Maybe some Frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks and Corn Pops. Now...isn't eating healthy better?"

Good Grief! [cursing]

Um, if you read the article it isn't going away. They are just going to stop marketing it to children. Can't say that is a bad thing.

So you'll still be able to get your broken glass cereal (that **** does tear up your mouth), you just won't see adverts during Saturday morning cartoons.

:unsure:

Now I'm embarrassed.

This kind of stuff scares me. Our government is just growing bigger and bigger, and they don't have any confidence that we the people can make choices for ourselves. They really think we are incompetent on so many levels. So in comes the regulation. If it continues, they'll be telling us what church to go to and what to believe, and you better hope they are a fan of Gibson guitars, or look out, those will be gone too. It'll be a go green reason, that electrical instruments place undue strain on the electric power surplus.

Let's move to New Zealand.

This kind of stuff scares me. Our government is just growing bigger and bigger, and they don't have any confidence that we the people can make choices for ourselves. They really think we are incompetent on so many levels. So in comes the regulation. If it continues, they'll be telling us what church to go to and what to believe, and you better hope they are a fan of Gibson guitars, or look out, those will be gone too. It'll be a go green reason, that electrical instruments place undue strain on the electric power surplus.

Let's move to New Zealand.

The government is not telling you anything. Sales of the cereal are down so they aren't marketing it. I'll say it again and say it louder so you'll understand -

THEY ARE NOT PULLING CAP'N CRUNCH OFF OF THE MARKET OR BANNING IT. YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO BUY IT.

In fact, if you love the cereal that much go out and buy a bunch to encourage them to keep making more. Supply and demand, right?

Archived