Gibson Brands Forums

Pictures of Home

Californiaman

I went by the house and took some new pictures Friday morning.

Can't wait to move in and start fixing it up.

I'm really looking forward to tearing down the sunroom and landscaping the backyard. We're planing on a larger patio with a built-in barbecue, covered entertainment areas and an outside fireplace or fire pit. And of course it has to be large enough for the band to play on.

101_0680.jpg

101_0677.jpg

101_0675.jpg

101_0673.jpg

Nice property! Too bad the house isn't a little higher up - you'd have a great view of those hills.

Why do you want to tear the sun room down?

So I can put in a more appropriate patio area. We like to entertain outdoors. The sun room also has some issues.

Californiagirl wants to keep it up for a while, at least until we start work on the patio.

Cool.

But -

Where's the shots of the music room? . . B)

Good point. You need to carve out this piece or real estate early before your wife makes too many plans for it. Although, she probably already has. Figure on an "A" location and a "B" location. Then start the negotiations.

You may end up keeping the sun room as a glassed in music room (I hope not).

At this point, though, she's got a gazillion ideas for re-decorating all rooms. She's probably amenable to reducing the decision making at this point by dropping one room to decorate. Your best negotiating position is to suggest a western, guitar or motorcycle motif for the master bedroom. Negotiate down to, you getting your guit tar room and her getting to put flowers on the bed and curtains in the master. Even sleeping in a room with pink walls is worth your own man cave. She gets to maintain her sense of control, you get your man cave.

I'm surprised it has cedar shingle roofing, I thought that was banned in Calif. years ago because of the wildfires...

When we bought our home that was the first thing I changed..

I really like the lay out of you're place and the sunroom is a great addition.

Wood Shingles have been banned in California.

Our roof is about 25 years old. So it's ready for a new one.

We'll save some money by going composite. I wish I could afford concrete tile, but that's all hoity-toity and another $10,000.00.

The sun room is nice, but I've been told it floods. The hardscape in the backyard and landscaping would better serve our needs as a family.

I know im a kid and everything but everyone i met who owns a fire pit only used it when they got it and it just rots there. Cool at first, but its just fire. Unless your a pyro your not going to be using it alot.

Wood Shingles have been banned in California.

Our roof is about 25 years old. So it's ready for a new one.

We'll save some money by going composite. I wish I could afford concrete tile, but that's all hoity-toity and another $10,000.00.

The sun room is nice, but I've been told it floods. The hardscape in the backyard and landscaping would better serve our needs as a family.

Is metal roofing allowed in you're HOA? That is the way to go...we couldn't use it here...

I know im a kid and everything but everyone i met who owns a fire pit only used it when they got it and it just rots there. Cool at first, but its just fire. Unless your a pyro your not going to be using it alot.

I wish the people who live behind us would stop using the one they built...they burn green wood that smolders lays a think cloud of smoke that chokes everyone....why can't they use charcoal?

Archived