Gibson Brands Forums

Explain your Avatar

WahKeen

Mine is an owl that's tucked into flight, like an artillery shell (artillery owl - artie owl - a,o- artie, etc)

I came up with it when I was listening to AC-DC and they mentioned "artillery" in one of their songs. Then I thought of an Owl, wearing an army helmet, firing artillery, by flopping around on top of the firing mechanism frantically and I combined the two. Thus Artillery Owl.

Mojo really liked my first few MS paint Artillery Owls, maybe it's time to do another...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like little rhinos...

But I swear I thought Jaxson50's was some amish dude with a guitar! Doggone little pictures!

The picture in my avatar is John Lee Hooker...my name "Jaxson50" comes from my dads name which was Jackson (Jack's son) and I was born in 1950= Jaxson50..

The picture in my avatar is John Lee Hooker...my name "Jaxson50" comes from my dads name which was Jackson (Jack's son) and I was born in 1950= Jaxson50..

I get it now - and I recognize the photo.

But if you have old eyes, and aren't paying much attention, well, like I said.

It looks a little to me like a guy with a beard...

Carry on.

My current avatar is a sticker that fellow member Dennis Miller sent me after we first me about 12 years ago. I don't remember where he found it, but he said it reminded him of me and my "attitude". Who am I to argue.

Nah if you were obsessed with yourself it would have been a selfshot in the bathroom mirror with you sporting the duck face.

Someone sent me a myspace "fail" pic and it was a black girl doing that but you could see unflushed fecal matter in the toilet...

Someone sent me a myspace "fail" pic and it was a black girl doing that but you could see unflushed fecal matter in the toilet...

I was thinking of that exact picture when I typed that! Now thats obsessed with yourself you forget to flush.

Completely unrelated to music or guitars.

I live in Cardiff. Cardiff Arms Park is the world-famous rugby stadium in the centre of the City & home to Cardiff Rugby Club.

S.A. Brain is a local brewery, also based in the City centre, and a few years ago they made a limited edition ale in celebration of the Arms Park... This is a photo of the pump-handle badge I, er, borrowed from the pump in the Clubhouse bar at the ground.

I use the same avatar on a number of forums (fora?).

Simples!

I am the master of shenanigans. And I play geetar. That's why I got a funny looking pictureof Joe Walsh, funny guy, and plays geetar!

I had no idea that was Joe W. Heck, at first I thought it was you. I think others might have thought the same. And you're only 14 right? Lol

I get it now - and I recognize the photo.

But if you have old eyes, and aren't paying much attention, well, like I said.

It looks a little to me like a guy with a beard...

Carry on.

Well I could have claimed it was my picture..you know, "black dutch"..

I typically use a headshot of mine on forums but that doesn't seem the norm here, so I figured I'd fit in and while in Rome... do as Romans do.

LOL!!!

So!

My avatar is a picture my 9-yo son drew for me for Mother's Day.

Look Mom, it's you! with instruments!! (He drew himself on the back in blue. I am still not sure why he colored me green except maybe he likes green. No, he has not seen Wicked, but... I'll take the comparison... hahaaha) [biggrin]

post-31882-032360100 1305158255_thumb.jpg

I *like* my Epi SG but I don't have a nice photo of her yet... and well....... something different than a guitar shot stands out better :)

I've also posted a photo of my current-favorite hat.

Because I like my hat.

[thumbup]

UNDERSTAND about the changing avatars throwing off the groove -- even weirder, the name changes YIKES. (First forum I've been on that allowed name changes that easy, LOL)

Still I think I'll change my avatar around here just for kicks.

My photo is on my profile. The head shot may change but it'll stay me. So it'll never be completely confusing.

[lol]

Archived