Gibson Brands Forums

Yet another FAKE Les Paul being sold as a real one on ebay

davidb1986

Here is another Les Paul being sold as a real one on ebay. It is obvious that it is a fake. The "n" on "Gibson" is crooked for and there are more things on it that help you tell that it is a fake. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250826963509&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT . I sent her a message telling her it was a fake and that she needed to update her description last night. Well she is still selling it as a real deal Gibson it has 2 bids on it.

Well it looks like eBay isn't going to pull it off. I've reported it and I know a few of y'all probably did the same. How do I report it to Gibson so they can make eBay take it off?

i just report it too.... if you read the logo carefully it's GIBSUN....

GIBSUN that's hilarious.

At least the case looked like a genuine Gibson case, but wouldn't the custom shop cases have the dust cover sewn into the case's interior? I understand they stopped this for the Gibson USA cases some time ago, but I thought custom shop cases still did?

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

This has been in the lounge too, I'm pretty sure it will get pulled.

I've reported it four times, and I received an impatient email from Ebay CS personnel.... I emailed back and told them I will again report it tomorrow if I see it listed [biggrin]

Depending on the wording of that impatient email, it could be serious. You should forward that to someone at G.

This one's going to go the distance me thinks, still up. Could wait until buyer leaves feedback and then let them know it was reported umpteen times. They might be able to hold eBay liable then.

8 bids and at almost $1500...I actually logged into my ebay account for the first time in three years to report this, someone is going to be really choked if they get suckered into buying this.

Edit: Even sent a message to the seller, I noticed it stated it was from a breakup or some awkward crap like that, so the chick probably has no clue at all what she is trying to sell. Would hate to see her get burned twice by her ex and then once more for selling a fake.

Archived