Gibson Brands Forums

I was asked to be Paul in a Beatles Tribute Band

duane v

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds great Duane, go for it! I'd love to play in a Beatles band or a Zeppelin band... If only I were good enough... [blush]

Anyone can do Beatles songs.... They're the easiest around....... Zep on the other hand, Page is tough to cop

Well, I'VE GOT A FEELING you won't need any HELP, just ACT NATURALY, get some good sleep THE NIGHT BEFORE, and GOLDEN SLUMBERS,

then, GOOD MORNING GOOD MORNING, and remember YER BLUES, BECAUSE you'll have to CARRY THAT WEIGHT like a SUN KING, and swing

that bass like MAXWELL'S SILVER HAMMER, WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM YOUR FRIENDS, and don't be afraid if IT'S ALL TO MUCH, 'cause

WHAT GOES ON YESTERDAY, although YOUR MOTHER SHOULD KNOW, is only SHE SAID SHE SAID, and although SHE CAME IN THROUGH

THE BATHROOM WINDOW with a GLASS ONION, she wanted to tell you that you are MOTHER NATURE'S SON......Although EVERYBODY'S GOT

SOMETHING TO HIDE EXCEPT ME AND MY MONKEY, and despite the fact it's been a LONG LONG LONG time, and ELEANOR RIGBY begged me

DON'T PASS ME BY, and WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS, IT WON'T BE LONG, DEAR PRUDENCE said, until MARTHA MY DEAR, and or

JULIA say WHY DON'T WE DO IT IN THE ROAD, on their BIRTHDAY no less, like a SEXY SADIE with a DEVIL IN HER HEART screaming HELP !!!,

like a DIZZY MISS LIZZY, who wants to scream hey, YOU"VE GOT TO HIDE YOUR LOVE AWAY, and I NEED YOU, while wondering WHEN I'M

SIXTY FOUR will I be GETTING BETTER LOVELY RITA ?? ....Ah, it's all just A DAY IN THE LIFE, avoiding the TAXMAN, FIXING A HOLE, FOR

NO ONE by the way, working on a YELLOW SUBMARINE, wondering why I AM THE WALRUS, looking for ANOTHER GIRL, hoping I'm not

THE FOOL ON THE HILL, pondering existintial thoughts like WITHIN YOU AND WITHOUT YOU, why is SHE'S LEAVING HOME, why can't we

all just COME TOGETHER, like HER MAJESTY, not knowing ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE, and or can one buy it on PENNY LANE, and hoping

not to be bitten by a HEY BULLDOG, while FLYING, and singing OB LA DE OB LA DA, and darn that WILD MOUNTAIN PIE, 'cause darn it,

I'M SO TIRED I'm seeing BLACKBIRDS eating a ROCKY RACOON !!!!!!!!! Anyways, Duane, as sung in THE CONTINUING BALLAD OF

BUNGALOW BILL, if the gig don't work out, you'll still have your HONEY PIE, you can still vacation BACK IN THE USSR, have a GOOD NIGHT,

remember that it's ONLY A NORTHERN SONG, and that ALL TOGETHER NOW, it was a MARCH OF THE MEANIES, a SEA OF HOLES,

a SEA OF TIME, a potential TICKET TO RIDE, and that you know that MEAN MR MUSTARD can't bust your mojo, you can sue sayin'

YOU NEVER GIVE ME YOUR MONEY, and then go home to your wife sayin' ALL MY LOVING, HOLD ME TIGHT, for I WANNA BE YOUR MAN,

and she'll say back, I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU, IN MY LIFE, baby you can DRIVE MY CAR, and come on in and have a SAVOY TRUFFLE !!!

But, I'VE GOT A FEELING, that you'll DIG IT, and if it don't work out, that you'll LET IT BE...................

And hey Duane, WTF, TOMORROW NEVER KNOWS....................

Well, I'VE GOT A FEELING you won't need any HELP, just ACT NATURALY, get some good sleep THE NIGHT BEFORE, and GOLDEN SLUMBERS,

then, GOOD MORNING GOOD MORNING, and remember YER BLUES, BECAUSE you'll have to CARRY THAT WEIGHT like a SUN KING, and swing

that bass like MAXWELL'S SILVER HAMMER, WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM YOUR FRIENDS, and don't be afraid if IT'S ALL TO MUCH, 'cause

WHAT GOES ON YESTERDAY, although YOUR MOTHER SHOULD KNOW, is only SHE SAID SHE SAID, and although SHE CAME IN THROUGH

THE BATHROOM WINDOW with a GLASS ONION, she wanted to tell you that you are MOTHER NATURE'S SON......Although EVERYBODY'S GOT

SOMETHING TO HIDE EXCEPT ME AND MY MONKEY, and despite the fact it's been a LONG LONG LONG time, and ELEANOR RIGBY begged me

DON'T PASS ME BY, and WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS, IT WON'T BE LONG, DEAR PRUDENCE said, until MARTHA MY DEAR, and or

JULIA say WHY DON'T WE DO IT IN THE ROAD, on their BIRTHDAY no less, like a SEXY SADIE with a DEVIL IN HER HEART screaming HELP !!!,

like a DIZZY MISS LIZZY, who wants to scream hey, YOU"VE GOT TO HIDE YOUR LOVE AWAY, and I NEED YOU, while wondering WHEN I'M

SIXTY FOUR will I be GETTING BETTER LOVELY RITA ?? ....Ah, it's all just A DAY IN THE LIFE, avoiding the TAXMAN, FIXING A HOLE, FOR

NO ONE by the way, working on a YELLOW SUBMARINE, wondering why I AM THE WALRUS, looking for ANOTHER GIRL, hoping I'm not

THE FOOL ON THE HILL, pondering existintial thoughts like WITHIN YOU AND WITHOUT YOU, why is SHE'S LEAVING HOME, why can't we

all just COME TOGETHER, like HER MAJESTY, not knowing ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE, and or can one buy it on PENNY LANE, and hoping

not to be bitten by a HEY BULLDOG, while FLYING, and singing OB LA DE OB LA DA, and darn that WILD MOUNTAIN PIE, 'cause darn it,

I'M SO TIRED I'm seeing BLACKBIRDS eating a ROCKY RACOON !!!!!!!!! Anyways, Duane, as sung in THE CONTINUING BALLAD OF

BUNGALOW BILL, if the gig don't work out, you'll still have your HONEY PIE, you can still vacation BACK IN THE USSR, have a GOOD NIGHT,

remember that it's ONLY A NORTHERN SONG, and that ALL TOGETHER NOW, it was a MARCH OF THE MEANIES, a SEA OF HOLES,

a SEA OF TIME, a potential TICKET TO RIDE, and that you know that MEAN MR MUSTARD can't bust your mojo, you can sue sayin'

YOU NEVER GIVE ME YOUR MONEY, and then go home to your wife sayin' ALL MY LOVING, HOLD ME TIGHT, for I WANNA BE YOUR MAN,

and she'll say back, I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU, IN MY LIFE, baby you can DRIVE MY CAR, and come on in and have a SAVOY TRUFFLE !!!

But, I'VE GOT A FEELING, that you'll DIG IT, and if it don't work out, that you'll LET IT BE...................

And hey Duane, WTF, TOMORROW NEVER KNOWS....................

[biggrin][thumbup] Good one, Damian!

CB

How did the gig go ????? [confused] ..

it was just a practice, the John in the group needs some work... a little trouble singing and playing [confused] ..... The George is pretty good though [thumbup] ... good feel over-all

We're having another rehearsal later today.... The George in the band (Andy) hinted I should remove the pick guard on my Hofner bass [confused] ... I politely told him to go eat crow [biggrin]

The John is having trouble learning I've Got A Feeling and Hey Bulldog, so I spent the better part of the morning learning the guitar part (Hey Bulldog) for him [confused].....

I really wanna do Dear Prudence but he stated there is no way he can play that song much less do both the guitar part and sing it. :angry:

As of now the John is really not at the level of everyone else... He can do the Love Me Do type crap, but I'm more into post Rubber Soul material..... I feel a bit pushy [blush]

Archived