Gibson Brands Forums

Happy birthday to me

davidl

For the first time I took my birthday off work. Actually the whole week.

Its been a great week and its only half over.

I gave my guitars a present. I installed an air conditioner for them in their house. A separate 500 square foot building beside the house. With the humidity today it will feel like over 40c or 110f today. Not fit for man nor beast or defenseless guitars. No outside work today except maybe working on a few cold brews with friends and family.

We have a cool tradition around here. Birthday celebrations start one week before the actual day and end a week after.

I got my Guild 12 string from my wife for my birthday a little early. I couldn't wait a month.

505638.jpg

Life is good.

Dave

I'm not an acoustic maven at all, in fact I use an Ovation which we all know is plastic, but dang, I'da liked a Guild 12 for my 49th! Happy Birthday, many more to come, and play that thing in good health.

rct

Happy B'day. B)

So have you got a man cave? A studio? Fill us in.

It is pretty much a playhouse. Pinball, Jukebox, wood stove, big projection screen, bar and studio.

This is the music corner,

IMG-20110422-00156.jpg

One view from the west side

DSCF0657.jpg

and the whole building

IMG_0087.jpg

Its only about 15 feet from the house joined by a deck.

Dave... Happy birthday!

Ah to be a young kid your age again...

The new guitar is very nice... and I'd say since it's from your roommate, she sounds like a keeper too...

m

Dave... Happy birthday!

Ah to be a young kid your age again...

The new guitar is very nice... and I'd say since it's from your roommate, she sounds like a keeper too...

m

Absolutely a keeper.

We'll be married 10 years at the end of the month.

Shoulda met her many years ago.

Then... I hope you have a good #10 celebration later this month too - with the equivalent of the 12 string goin' the other way. <grin>

Seriously, though, I think sometimes a bit of age on both the boy and girl isn't necessarily a bad thing. Folks learn how to talk to each other a bit better, I think. That's not necessarily what one's hormones tell them at 20, but... hormones don't cook supper, mow the lawn, sing along or get the bills paid on time.

m

Happy birthday and nice acquisition. Guild makes great 12 strings but you know that. Is that a Fender limited edition '57 I see in that pic? Sweet amp! Hand wired limited to what, 200 or so? msp_thumbup.gif

Dave, Beautiful Guild 12-string you got for you 49th birthday and given to you by your lady, no less. Any woman that indulges her man for his

hobby (in your case guitars) has got to be a good one. [thumbup] I like your little woodshed out in the back of the house where you can go

Rock Your Plimsoul. Enjoy your 49th b'day and your new family addition (the Guild, i.e.) [drool]

Archived