Gibson Brands Forums

don't you find it strange?

S t e v e

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
don't you find it strange?

that all the intersting topics get locked/removed leaving only the same old boring tat? #-o

Actually, I'm amazed that more threads aren't moved to Area 51 or locked down.

I see Guitarest's "OK so what happened too..." thread got locked down already - only up an hour.

This one is probably next on the list to go. B)

Exactly... what happened to all the threads I replied to yesterday? Came back today so see some more responses and they're gone.

The last 2 posts on the Jimmy Page thread were me and dem00n telling duane to lock down that thread. However, we didn't say anything to him about the Jimi Hendrix Thread. msp_unsure.gif

I wouldn't call that Jimmy Page thread interesting, I'd call it a perfect example of middle aged men (and a few younger members) acting with the poise and maturity of a bunch of angry 13 yr olds. Heck Layla's post about Jimmy being hot (or something of that sort) was one of the most constructive and non-inflammatory posts in the thread.

The idea of a forum is to spread information, ideas, tips, etc, not to act as a stage for a few people to verbally bash each other. and each other's opinions. While you are a constructive poster when you want to be Steve (I've already stated that I've enjoyed several of your GM posts), you're not much help starting threads like this, it contributes nothing to the forum except to further identify you as the "class clown", and an irksome (instead of funny) one at that.

I find it strange that people start threads about locked/deleted threads, sometimes it seems the ones who do just want to continue the thread. It's somewhat baffling, but if it is actually a question of "why did this get locked?" then the mods should leave it locked with a full explanation, and they often do (as I've seen). But what is the point in it? <_<

This is a music forum, the threads that should qualify as interesting, actually relate heavily to music, and aren't based on a useless argument. It may be interesting for it's dramatic qualities, but to be honest I find the attention mongering excessively annoying. Because honestly when it comes to the point that it did with the Page thread, I don't give a flying f***, it's just a waste of space.

I hope no one takes this too personally, I mean no harm just thought I'd put it out there.

Now can we all go back to talking about music instead of everyone else's little fights? If we can't hold a proper discussion, well then there's no point in this forum is there?

das44, i wasn't just refering to the page thread but loads of threads that I find entertaining as do others...you obviously don't but some do B)

also this is "the lounge" and if some people don't like some of the non music related posts then there are other sub-forums on here where they can spend there time...or...DON'T CLICK ON THE THREAD! #-o

das44, i wasn't just refering to the page thread but loads of threads that I find entertaining as do others...you obviously don't but some do B)

Fair enough, but what are the (recent) threads that you're referring to?

"Don't you find it strange that all the intersting topics get locked/removed leaving only the same old boring tat? #-o

Nope.

Some idiots always take over and inevitably an infantile slanging match ensues.

P.

why not just delete the comments instead of the whole thread? why punish everyone? :-k

Run yer own forum for a while, and let us know how all this forumsmithing works out for you.

rct

.... This is a music forum, the threads that should qualify as interesting, actually relate heavily to music ....

I would point you to the title of this subforum -

The Gibson Lounge

General discussion area, members must have 10 posts before posting here

And according to the rules -

18. No Racial, Religious, or Political post will be allowed on the forums.

- - so it's pretty much open to all kinds of topics here in the Lounge - except for profanities and member bashing you mention. If you find non-musical topics excessively annoying, maybe you shouldn't hang out in the Lounge. B)

I would point you to the title of this subforum -

The Gibson Lounge

General discussion area, members must have 10 posts before posting here

And according to the rules -

18. No Racial, Religious, or Political post will be allowed on the forums.

- - so it's pretty much open to all kinds of topics here in the Lounge - except for profanities and member bashing you mention. If you find non-musical topics excessively annoying, maybe you shouldn't hang out in the Lounge. B)

that's how i meant to word it [biggrin]

Archived