Gibson Brands Forums

See you soon

jnastynebr

I feel that I spend entirely too much time on the web. Taking sides in random web drama that does not involve me in any way has helped me to realize that I waste a ridiculous ammount of time on gibsonforums, ebay, menswarehouse, facebook, theonion, twitter, trannychickdudes.com, npr.org, yahoonews, and any other site that is cookied into my tool bar.

I am going the next 30 days without the web (excluding work related emails and links) to see what I get done around the house and work on my music. I dont know why I spend any time online when I have this dope *** Gibson guitar. I will see you all soon, and wish you the best.

Much love,

jnastynebr

........................................................[scared] ............

..................................................[tongue][flapper][tongue].....

........................................................[crying]..............

...................................................[unsure]....[unsure].........

................................................:huh:...........[huh]

Due to the fact that I do not subscibe to ebay, menswarehouse, twitter, or trannychickdudes.com [scared] ,

I have decided to stay on board for 30 consecutive days in a row to help pick up the inevitable

slack left behind by jnastynebr and the great Fuzzy Fred....This will not be easy......[blink]](*,)[crying] ....

• 1 month later...

Back! My 30 day experiment went a little long, but went well. I did cheat a little and used the web before the hurricane hit CT for news/recommended stuff to stock up on (couldn't find any D batteries [cursing]).

I got some music done, some fall cleaning, a little home improvement, and a bunch of stuff I have been putting off. My wife noticed that I was getting more done, and I feel more productive. Unfortunately, NCAA football is back, so there goes my productivity!

Doesn't look like I missed a whole lot here. Shockingly, Fred's exodus from the Gibson forum appears only to have lasted for about 3 days, Gibson got raided.....again, R9 doesn't have any new guitars, The Firebird X still is not out, and Henry has not been on his forum in 7 months. There, I'm back up to speed.

30 days sounds like a stiff sentence..i have to balance my gibson forum addiction with my facebook addiction and blame these for not spending more time on pro tools..i been talking music/guitar more than i have been playing/recording..hey we should have a virtual studio/jam session lounge where we could skype and jam record check out guitars and stuff..man this web is taking over...30 days no web..good luck

My computer has pretty much replaced the television for me. Outside of some sports and some Discovery or History channel shows, nothing on TV interests me at all. The amount of advertising on tv drives me nuts. Meanwhile I've become a stockpile of worthless information! Who knew the tons of acorns I sweep of of my driveway every other day were edible?

It wasn't hard after the first few days. I still used email for work and communication, but I refrained from clicking on links to web pages. The big time wasters for me are facebook, ESPN, and ebay. I still have not logged on to FB or the Bay. I average way less than 1 post per day on the Gibson forum, and am not active on any others, so forums are not big distraction for me.

Most of the time if I'm killing time online, its during the hour and three quarters on the Metro North from New Haven to NY. Instead of surfing, I started reading and knocked out a few classics that have been on my list forever.

What kills me is the stupid live chat function on facebook. I leave it off, but it seems to randomly turn itself on. Next thing I know, I'm getting IMs from people that I have not seen or spoken to in 10 years. I love that I can keep in touch in these people, but damn, I dont really have anything to live chat with them about. I mean, I'm all about exchanging emails with old friends, but IMing with a dude I haven't hung with since 9th grade just because we are both online at the same time is too much. It seems to be either that, or I start getting FB IMs from people I see every day. Dont IM me on FB if your going to see me at the office in 12 hours.

Archived