Gibson Brands Forums

Saw Foreigner and Journey last night...

ShredAstaire

I don't love either of these bands but I had a great time. Foreigner played all their classics and I seemed to know them all. The guitar players used many Les Paul's...some really tasty looking ones at that!! The sound was phenomenal and they put on a great show!

Journey was the headliner and they were pretty good too. I HATE their song Don't Stop Believing (Due to MASSIVE overplay) and actually didn't recognize too many more tunes. I would have preferred Foreigner to be the headliner....that said, they sounded good and their singer sounds just like the old guy!

It was a beautiful night for an outdoor show and i stood on the grass taking it all in....good night overall.

Thought i would share.

assphoto.jpg

Saw Foreigner about ten years ago, little more maybe. Lou sang. Did he sing this time? I have read that he went all religo and stuff, does the Christian thing with his son or something, and that Mick is the only original left.

They were really good and Lou sang great. Talked to him after and they had been out of circulation a long time because of his pretty bad health. He didn't look so strong that night but man he sang well! Mick was great that night too, sounded superb, and yes, lots of drool worthy Les Pauls all over the place.

Great band, lots of people have gone through there and are playing on some of their biggest hits, Thomas Dolby, Bob Mayo, couple others.

Have played loads of their songs gazillions of times, audience always responded well to them. Great rock and roll band. It's weird, my iPod has no Foreigner, only Lou's Midnight Blue.

rct

I dunno much about them but i just looked em up and it seems a guy named Kelly Hansen is singing for them these days. He has a great voice for their music.

Mick Jones is definitely the only original member and he does all the writing from what the singer said last night...he got a huge round of applause. Was a fun show!

Ohh yeah!! You guys shoulda seen the getups some people were wearing. There were 3 types of people at this show:

1) People wearing legit 80's gear (they still wear it every day)

2) People wearing outrageous 80's gear for jokes

3) People wearing normal modern clothes..

But no matter what they were wearing, there were a lotta hot chicks there!! And nice butts all around!

Glad you enjoyed yourself John:) sometimes these dreaded gigs can turn into great experiences LOL

My wife and I reluctantly accompanied our neighbour Diana to see Brian Adams a few years back. I feared the worst, but once the show progressed, started to like the show then gradually love it! His band and him did almost three hours! the band improvised solos and it had a really fun loose and rock n' roll feel!

Matt

Glad you enjoyed yourself John:) sometimes these dreaded gigs can turn into great experiences LOL

My wife and I reluctantly accompanied our neighbour Diana to see Brian Adams a few years back. I feared the worst, but once the show progressed, started to like the show then gradually love it! His band and him did almost three hours! the band improvised solos and it had a really fun loose and rock n' roll feel!

Matt

I've had a few experiences like this... I probably still wouldn't be buying their albums for myself; but after my wife dragged me to see Rhianna and Sarah MacLauglin as pay back for taking her to see BB King and Ozzy. She wanted to see Ozzy anyway, but probably wouldn't have gone if I wasn't going ;)

Anyway, I have a new appreciation for their stage show and the music when performed live... entirely different from the cd's.

Next month, she's dragging me kicking and screaming to see Carmen Electra and *****cat Dolls [scared] . It's my punishment for bringing her to Jeff Beck's show in October... such a horrible fate... having to look at a former Playboy centerfold and the *****cat Dolls all prancing around stage in lingerie [blink][drool][woot][love]

worst case scenario if I really can't stand the music I just plug my ears and prop my eyelids open with some toothpicks or something. lol

Archived