Gibson Brands Forums

Kidney Stones

daveinspain

Been there, done that! NOT fun!!! Was on a morphine drip, for pain

and that also dilates your vessels, which make passing the stone(s) easier.

Was on a constant fluid drip, too...so had to pee, a LOT. Took about

24 hours, but...when it passed, it was like "Heaven!"

Get your sugar and uric acid levels checked, and watch the calcium intake/levels, as

well.

Good Luck, to you!

CB

Had one earlier this year. Went to the ER. Morphine I.V. was awesome for the pain. Passed it the next day, didn't even feel it. Couldn't believe how something that small could cause so much pain.

I was also told about rivaling child birth pain.

Hope you get better soon.

Whats surprising is the fact that these things are so small yet they cause so much pain. When mine came out it was like a huge chunk of sand, Xrays says there are a few more inside me, so when I said I feel your pain I really meant it....

I'm going for X-rays tomorrow... I had to drink 16 glasses of water mixed with a powder tonight, one every 15 minutes to clear out my system. Don't ask.... [crying]

If the stone is too big for you to pass naturally, it will have to be surgically removed. I am surprised they did not do a catscan to determine if you need surgery depending on the size of the stone. I have had two experiences with those stones. The last one required surgery. If you are lucky enough to be able to pass it without surgery, you will recovery time is almost immediately. The surgery route takes a good week to get back on your feet if they don't have to pack the route the stone passed through. I have felt your pain. Best of luck.

If the stone is too big for you to pass naturally, it will have to be surgically removed. I am surprised they did not do a catscan to determine if you need surgery depending on the size of the stone. I have had two experiences with those stones. The last one required surgery. If you are lucky enough to be able to pass it without surgery, you will recovery time is almost immediately. The surgery route takes a good week to get back on your feet if they don't have to pack the route the stone passed through. I have felt your pain. Best of luck.

My son just had to have the surgery this past spring because his stone was way to big. Worse pain he ever experienced.

Hoping the best for you Dave.

Good luck for sure - I had one several years ago after combining strong calcium supplements and and stupidly letting myself get dehydrated and it wasn't one of my best feeling times. I went into the emergency room in a big city hospital expecting a eight hour wait writhing in pain but almost immediately the young female ER doctor on staff walked over looked at me and took me straight back saying that I was so white and sweaty that she figured it was either a kidney stone or heroin withdrawl and that honestly I was probably to damn big to be a heroin addict.

She was right it was a kidney stone and I guess I was lucky and was able to pass it after a lot of pain, lots of fluids and two days of peeing into a coffee filter looking strainer thing. when I finally saw the damn thing I was furious it was tiny less than the size of a BB I was expecting at least a marble and probably a golf ball one in size. They are brutal looking under magnification they look like a meteorite of something.

It's not the worst pain Ive ever had but it's close and Ive been shot in the chest, stabbed twice and had a leg ripped off at the knee just to put that pain statement into better perspective. Best of luck and I hope they can get you fixed up quickly and get the little monster out without surgery.

Hope you feel better soon.

Believe me, I feel your pain! I've passed 15 of them. Still have 1 left. As a youth I didn't realize the importance of

hydration. 4 of them sent me to the hospital with 1 requiring lithotryspy (sonic waves) to break it up. Have the stone analyzed.

Good luck!

Archived