Gibson Brands Forums

Floyd Rose GAS

neilpanda

Ever since june, Ive been listening to more and more Rush, and I can't help but admire Lifeson's trem sounds.

I just wish I had the bucks to get a new guitar, even that epiphone plus top pro thing would cure my GAS at this point. [crying]

Hopefully I'll be able to get one by the new year.

any other floyd rose axes I should check out?

Are you looking for LP bodies or are the SuperStrats also in the game?

Ibanez has got a good selection with Floyd available in a wide range of prices - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ibanez?fA=a&fI=2002&fV=site1AAG&_=1314971508888&sB=bS&v=g&pS=20&lP=b&fT=2002:site1AA&gP=1

I was thinking les paul, or thicker body guitars, strats would work too.

I was also looking at the charvels, they look pretty cool! never actually played one, how do they sound?

...man if I had a job I wouldnt be in this crisis [flapper]

Id prefer to stay away from Ibanez, ESP, etc. I hate those sharp edges [thumbdn]

I was thinking les paul, or thicker body guitars, strats would work too.

I was also looking at the charvels, they look pretty cool! never actually played one, how do they sound?

...man if I had a job I wouldnt be in this crisis [flapper]

Id prefer to stay away from Ibanez, ESP, etc. I hate those sharp edges [thumbdn]

:rolleyes:

There are Ibanezes and ESPs without "sharp edges."

47143_l.jpg

My first electric was a USA-made Kramer Pacer with the Floyd Rose. Great guitar, but having a Floyd is a pain in the a$$. Changing the strings always took twice as long with clipping the ends of the strings off (at least on mine you had to; don't know if you still do), finding a hex wrench for the screws on both the nut and the bridge, and then the ease at which little pieces of the assembly could fall off and get lost.

Ever since june, Ive been listening to more and more Rush, and I can't help but admire Lifeson's trem sounds.

I just wish I had the bucks to get a new guitar, even that epiphone plus top pro thing would cure my GAS at this point. [crying]

Hopefully I'll be able to get one by the new year.

any other floyd rose axes I should check out?

i'm done with floyd roses, too much hassle #-o

hardtail all the way from now on B)

The ability to handle of Floyd is beyond the capabilities/patience of some, but there are plenty of players that love 'em.

So don't let the Floyd challenged sway you from trying one out. B)

i love them, it's the string changing that has done me in after many years i've had enough...

I think they are a pain in the a.....

I have yet to speak to someone who had one that didn't hate the way you have to string them.

Epi makes a few models..

Welp, here I am.

I don't mind the string changes at all. . . . B)

But, I will admit, I don't like adjusting the spring tension.

I only changed the strings on my friends floyd since i dont own one yet. He said i did it better then him. [lol]

It's not so bad, i can see why if you have no pateince at all it can be annoying but eh it was ok.

Just put on some tunes, thats what i always do when im changing strings.

The new Charvel's are great. Proper Floyd on them. Great neck. I'll be having on this year. I like the So-cal.

Good price too.

I agree.......When I finally get a F.R., it will be a Charvel So-Cal..........

Andy has three of 'em......That says a lot.........

If you buy that guitar ill kill you though.

Just sayin...

oh wow...I just noticed the EMGs [thumbdn] got excited and I thought I saw HB's, I played my friends ibanez with EMGs, [thumbdn] never going down that road again...

Re stringing wise, Im way to patient about it, I could take 1.5 hours and not care [flapper]

Archived