Gibson Brands Forums

can electricity travel through a banana?

S t e v e

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what you do. Hook a car battery up to your nipples. Then you hook a car battery up on one side to the fridge, and the other side to a metal rod in water. Then, you get a third car battery, and hook that up to your amplifier's capacitor. ditch the battery for a steel rod, and I don't think you will get shocked. btw, put up a video so we can all see you not get electrocuted

94750522-wtf-reactionf-.gif

Your touching the insulated glass part of the lightbulb which wouldn't hurt you if you were doing it with your finger (or anything else). A banana would be a very poor insulator so you would be fine at 115 volts even if you did touch the socket which probably is never a good idea but your safe. It's always good to be safe but as long as you don't lick the socket or stick something metal inside the electrical connection your fine.

A bigger concern is if the socket is bad (doubtful it's probably just a weak element) but if the socket is damaged then every time you poke it with the banana you could be causing a worse connection and you could set the whole damn thing on fire. And then just imagine explaining that to your insurance adjuster yes sir it was flickering and arcing but even time I poked it with a banana it seemed to fix it.

so, if i wear my rubber boots when i poke the banana at the bulb i'll be ok?

Can't say for sure. But I do know you do not want to eat rubber.

And come to think of it, getting your banana to turn on anything for 6 hours is doing pretty damned good.

Guest farnsbarns

Don't see why it wouldn't conduct electricity. It's mostly water, which we all know is a pretty good conductor.

H2o does not conduct electricity at all, it is an insulater, water nearly always has conductive minerals dissolved in it which is why it is a conducter.

Anything organic can conduct electicity. I can't see if your banana is touching a source of electricity or just the outside of the light. Have you tried touching it the same way with a piece of plastic or some other non-conductor? Perhaps by touching the bulb you are restoring a broken connectionn somewhere in the circuit.

Latex (rubber) is organic, as are all petroleum plastics.

Can't say for sure. But I do know you do not want to eat rubber.

And come to think of it, getting your banana to turn on anything for 6 hours is doing pretty damned good.

Bananas are anteaters....just sayin'.....[scared] ..

H2o does not conduct electricity at all, it is an insulater, water nearly always has conductive minerals dissolved in it which is why it is a conducter.

Finally someone said it!

But Steve, I am not going to joke about a serious subject like this, tap water from your faucet will conduct electricity. Also do not hold the banana with two hands, or it may electrocute your heart. SO just hold your banana with one hand.

Latex (rubber) is organic, as are all petroleum plastics.

Good science. I was thinking of "organic" things in their natural state when there is water in them. Dry wood is a poor conductor but a tree or a banana, although not a good conductor, can conduct some electricity.

Hello, Fellow Babies,

Man, I've checked out this thread a couple of times. It's just really upsetting hearing you agonize over this. I thought one of the other guys would help you out, but evidently not.

This is where irritating neighbors finally prove useful. You just need to persuade him to touch it for you. Problem solved, and no bananas will be hurt in the production.

When one ( like STEVE ), uses a banana to touch and turn on bad lightbulbs, the banana will have often start to turn black......

Without proper treatment, the banana will forever turn soft and rot.......Just sayin'.......

Either switch to a Chicken Bone (or some other dead animal part, preferably "Blessed" by a Voodoo Medicine Man).

OR

Turn off the light and change the bulb. Of course you may have to go to a Hardware Store, or even a typical grocery store, and purchase a Matching Light Bulb.

How many bananas does it take to change a lightbulb ?????

Hello, Fellow Babies,

Didn't know you could be stumped, damian. But the answer is from classical psychology. I doesn't really matter how many bananas are in the bunch or work gang. The significant point is --- they all have to want to change.

Of course, Europe uses 220 voltage.....and all electrical problems of any kind should be looked at and fixed right away.......

Waiting for a fire and saying afterwards, " Watt the duck ?? " isn't, well,................

Archived