Gibson Brands Forums

can electricity travel through a banana?

S t e v e

in the kitchen we have 4 mini light bulbs and one keeps going off (loose connection) but when i tap it with a banana it comes back on and stays on for hours til it goes out again, i don't want to get electrocuted so need to make sure that a banana dosen't conduct electric?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything organic can conduct electicity. I can't see if your banana is touching a source of electricity or just the outside of the light. Have you tried touching it the same way with a piece of plastic or some other non-conductor? Perhaps by touching the bulb you are restoring a broken connectionn somewhere in the circuit.

Bananas contain water AND potassium........Rebar contains neither.......I suggest using rebar, and, keep your left hand in a pail of water;

That way, any stray electricity will simple heat the water up by a degree, and you will be safe........

Bananas contain water AND potassium........Rebar contains neither.......I suggest using rebar, and, keep your left hand in a pail of water;

That way, any stray electricity will simple heat the water up by a degree, and you will be safe........

i'm confused [blink]

This is what you do. Hook a car battery up to your nipples. Then you hook a car battery up on one side to the fridge, and the other side to a metal rod in water. Then, you get a third car battery, and hook that up to your amplifier's capacitor. ditch the battery for a steel rod, and I don't think you will get shocked. btw, put up a video so we can all see you not get electrocuted

Archived