Gibson Brands Forums

Mod approval on all posts

sneakerpimp

Dr. Who is awesome! going back to your earlier post, if people want to find me, they can. Its not that hard. I think once you kind of get used to a community, its hard to keep your "true identity" a secret

Says the guy who doesn't want anyone seeing his FB...lol. Make that **** private to everyone but friends only! :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey i dont come to fight or for BS theres plenty of places where i can find that..i dont mind someone having a go at me or a joke but i wont take sh*t either ..theres always tensions in these sort of forums but i try to take it easy on people here..anyway no ones forcing me to use this forum i thought it was ok.. but i prefer to be cool with people ..in my country we stir each other and make jokes but if talk sh*t you will get sorted out ..oh well thats the web no theres shortage of ******s online

sorry mate it seemed like a troll fest over BS i am like WTF?? it was a misunderstanding

No worries.. my post was kinda dumb and vague anyway. :unsure:

If I decide to throw down with someone, it's pretty obvious. But, I try to stay out of scraps here because we all share the same interest, and most here are pretty cool. I'm not here to burn bridges, or practice being an a$$shole. I get enough practice with that at work.

No worries.. my post was kinda dumb and vague anyway. :unsure:

If I decide to throw down with someone, it's pretty obvious. But, I try to stay out of scraps here because we all share the same interest, and most here are pretty cool. I'm not here to burn bridges, or practice being an a$$shole. I get enough practice with that at work.

yeah i am a bit the same i can spark up but i much prefer to be freindly or funny its just a misunderstanding on my behalf unfortunately the joke appeared between a couple of troll comments..apparently that ']' comment was originally different then edited..

i really believed there was a genuine attempt to stop infantile attacks in this forum..most are cool thats why i stuck around..hey we are middle aged guys we got enough maturity to have a good discussion and a laugh without stooping to cheap shots at other members..the web is full of that..i really love music but i hate @ssholes..so i try to stay out BS..

sorry bout the misunderstanding i appreciate you having the maturity to discuss it in a civilized way..i am still surprised that a dead thread got this attention..its all a learning curve for me

I think Duane, and the other mods, do a great job, overall. As one who was

here, when there was no real moderation, I can tell you, that I never want

to go back, to that. It was Chaos, all to often, and much more combative,

and hostile, in nature. If one wants that kind of forum, and behavior, there

are other places, on the net, to go.

CB

I think Duane, and the other mods, do a great job, overall. As one who was

here, when there was no real moderation, I can tell you, that I never want

to go back, to that. It was Chaos, all to often, and much more combative,

and hostile, in nature. If one wants that kind of forum, and behavior, there

are other places, on the net, to go.

CB

exactly there is to much of tnat on the web ..i thought it was pretty cool here but i am not going to sit there taking sh*t either and i am still finding it strange i got spoken to and not the trolls...i thought the rules here said not to flame others which i agree..i have used the web a long time and have seen all sorts of situations..i feel like i been told to take the BS or not use public forums...i thought mods were supposed to stop trolling..and i am supposed to say nothing if someone is sh*tting on me??..great now i feel confused

I don't notice many Trolls here but then perhaps I'm just a bit on the dim side........................?

Even when there are a few posts where I think 'What a Twit!' I just go to the next post (although I must admit I did lose my patience with one poster a while back and wrote something rather negative about them [scared]).

In recent years I think we'd all agree that, in general, the Mods have done a great job for very little in the way of thanks. The place used to be pretty terrible for a short while..........

P.

well i'm still new here, and i have to admit, this place is tame compared to other places, and i like that. i came here to learn about my renewed passion, and am pleasantly surprised by the decorum of mods and members alike.

as for the 10 post restriction that is in place, i support it completely. if you can't muster enough gumption to post the required 10 posts, are you really even interested in the product, or those who do so.

this is one of 3 forums i frequent (this is the only guitar site i belong to), and i am very happy to hang my hat with you fine folks.

carry on [thumbup]

untill enough of us complain to admin the mod will carry on spoiling our fun, lets make official complaints about "the" mod and before long he'll lose his trigger happy privileges...

One alternative, of course, would be for all of those people who disapprove of the way the forum is currently being moderated to get together, leave, and start a NEW forum which they can call their own. That way they can all be moderators and behave in as childish a way as they please...

Don't let the door hit any of you....

LOL!

(Ducks!)

[biggrin]

P.

One alternative, of course, would be for all of those people who disapprove of the way the forum is currently being moderated to get together, leave, and start a NEW forum which they can call their own. That way they can all be moderators and behave in as childish a way as they please...

Don't let the door hit any of you....

LOL!

(Ducks!)

[biggrin]

P.

my idea is better :)

i was just sitting here minding my own business when this BS started i have seen it so many times on the web it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth ..i dont need it now.. i got a mod having a crack at me for being trolled and objecting ..i really dont need the sh*t right now it is not a good time ..my mum has just had open heart surgery and is extremely ill..i am not as tolerant as i normally would be..so apologies about making a scene here but i just dont need any BS right now so its better for me to avoid confrontational situations at present

i was just sitting here minding my own business when this BS started i have seen it so many times on the web it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth ..i dont need it now.. i got a mod having a crack at me for being trolled and objecting ..i really dont need the sh*t right now it is not a good time ..my mum has just had open heart surgery and is extremely ill..i am not as tolerant as i normally would be..so apologies about making a scene here but i just dont need any BS right now so its better for me to avoid confrontational situations at present

if i felt that way i'd stay off the internet/forums...jus sayin [unsure]

prayers and best wishes for Mom!

don't stress over the web bro, just roll with it. i often find ignoring some posts is best, opinions are after all like bung holes, everyone has one.

don't beat yourself up over it bud, i won't [thumbup]

cat_attacks_himself.gif

Sorry to hear of this Cam and no need to apologise!

Matt

I’ll cast another vote for moderation, and plead the following. An opinion without an explanation is totally worthless unless you explicitly trust the person giving it.

Consequently, an opinion like “I don’t like the new model because it sounds muddy compared to the earlier model, I assume this is because they changed the body wood” is somewhat useful to me, and, I assume, to other readers. However, the standard web method of expression. “The new model totally SUCKS, and if you like it you SUCK too” is simply a waste of time to read.

I can't figure out what's going on here.. I didn't see any trolling, but maybe it got deleted. :-k

There is absolutely no trolling going on here, other than Steve trying to build a blind allegiance about the moderation here [biggrin] LOL

Some are just poking a little fun.... This forum full of crazy guitar players, and sometimes you just have to pick your poison around here [biggrin] .... And if a new member is calling members "******bags" and "trolls," that usually is not a good way to start with its members or the mod staff.

Certainly we want you (cam) to stay, but it's not your job to play armchair moderator and call people names.... If you have an issue with a members post or thread, please use the report system or PM the moderating group, and we will take a look at the situation.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming [thumbup]

Archived