Gibson Brands Forums

Mod approval on all posts

sneakerpimp

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one thing i have seen many times and got very tired of on the web is trolls iditos ******s lamers the web is full of them.. and if they get a free run watch out ..it is part of the reason i use this forum as i am totally over some of those ummm...%$#%# [cursing] [cursing] that love to troll on the web..

so i prefer forums with mods..thats just me but i been using the web since 1995 and it was a gopher lunix search engine..i have tried secret groups on facebook who were sick of the idiots but they get tensions and dramas it is a tricky thing ..if every one is cool there is no drama its good but sadly reality just isnt like that the lame ******s will have their say then the good ones go quiet and leave ..there probably are some good forums but i have seen so many egotistical idiots on some ..there may be cool ones but the loud mouth ******s will stick out..its pretty good here

i have seen it all before this is a good forum i think..if someone really is looking for trouble they get sorted out and over all we can get a fair bit of freedom i wouldnt be here otherwise..i think its being ran ok but thats just my opinion and i have seen a lot of problems with social networking on the web..its just good to talk to musos who ALL love their guitar and are being cool...thats good enough for me

I guess it's the moderation, but this forum is much more pleasant than it was at one time.

Personally, I've had no problem with the mods.

I think a lot of people, when typing on the web, forget that no matter how opposite the opinion of "the other guy/gal" is, you must treat him/her with respect while disagreeing.

The person you disagree with is obviously a moron, but you can't call him/her names, remember you are the moron in his/her eyes. Instead acknowledge their opinion and present your rebuttal and additional facts in a civilized manner.

If everyone followed these simple rules of etiquette, the forum mods wouldn't have anything to do except keep the spam off the board.

Insights and incites by Notes

i think part of the problem on the web is that some people feel brave hiding behind their keyboards and probably have a few issues so troll unmercifully feeling they can do so safely..

no one speaks like that to my face haha man i am 215 pounds i train every day and am an ex bouncer ..i also like to be polite ...thats just me i feel a general sort of respect to people..if someone messes with me i feel differently but in real life it just doesnt happen so i enjoy a good cool friendly sort of interface with the world ..

these ******s on the web that want to be big heroes hiding behind their keyboards drive me up the wall i got sick of youtube comments and facebook as there are just to many @$#holes out there haha ..i dont mind some one having a laugh or disagreeing with me but yeah the shallow toxic bile some people with issues spew on the web makes me sick.i can get really fired up ..in real life it wouldnt be good and no one goes there with me ...so i prefer mods and a place where people are cool

I find Aussies to be the most polite folks in the world.....There's a bunch on the Epi Lounge........

hahaa some are but well lets say theres good and bad every where..if you are too much of an @##hole out here you get sorted out hahaa but yeah lets say theres a few ummm..how do i say it with out swearing..but yeah the cool one are good ..same wth americans the coool ones are really good [thumbup]

I guess it's the moderation, but this forum is much more pleasant than it was at one time.

Personally, I've had no problem with the mods.

I think a lot of people, when typing on the web, forget that no matter how opposite the opinion of "the other guy/gal" is, you must treat him/her with respect while disagreeing.

The person you disagree with is obviously a moron, but you can't call him/her names, remember you are the moron in his/her eyes. Instead acknowledge their opinion and present your rebuttal and additional facts in a civilized manner.

If everyone followed these simple rules of etiquette, the forum mods wouldn't have anything to do except keep the spam off the board.

Insights and incites by Notes

I'm always surprised by the lack of civility online. Some people don't know how to discuss something without insulting.

I'm always surprised by the lack of civility online. Some people don't know how to discuss something without insulting.

i have found alot of that to..there are cool ones as well who make it worth while, pity about the twisties guess theres a lot with issues..fortunately there are some very bright polite funny people as well..i prefer mods i have seen too many @ssholes [smile]

i think part of the problem on the web is that some people feel brave hiding behind their keyboards and probably have a few issues so troll unmercifully feeling they can do so safely..

I understand this...

I 'defriended' my brother inlaw on facebook because online, he has what I call 'facebook cajones'. In real life he is very timid, tense and his mum and ex girlfriend rule him with an iron fist. On facebook he is this very brave hard *** who is very opinionated and just rude and aggressive about things that I know he hasn't the balls in real life to do anything about.

Matt

I understand this...

I 'defriended' my brother inlaw on facebook because online, he has what I call 'facebook cajones'. In real life he is very timid, tense and his mum and ex girlfriend rule him with an iron fist. On facebook he is this very brave hard *** who is very opinionated and just rude and aggressive about things that I know he hasn't the balls in real life to do anything about. LOL the inlaws we inherit as a part of the scared covenant of marriage :)

Matt

haha those keyboard warriors [biggrin] ..it ironic isnt it the paradox with the personality in virtual space...the feeling of being empowered and that no one can actually find you to retaliate..yes it is a modern phenomena the troll,, a by product of emergent technology and modern telecommunications ..all that sophistaced brilliant engineering so people can flame each other haha [biggrin]

haha those keyboard warriors [biggrin] ..it ironic isnt it the paradox with the personality in virtual space...the feeling of being empowered and that no one can actually find you to retaliate..yes it is a modern phenomena the troll

HA HA! It certainly is!

On forums particularly, usually the bullies and trolls seem very 'cagey' about their contact info and using their their real name etc. My finger up to them, is just to have everything on show, i.e real name and my contact info readily available. I am not a paranoid person I suppose and have nothing to hide so figure screw it.

On youtube I see that a lot of really nasty criticisms of others' work and when I go to their page (the troll) it is nearly almost always a blank page; pretty much set up so they can anonymously write nasty stuff. Cowardly assholes [biggrin]

Matt

HA HA! It certainly is!

On forums particularly, usually the bullies and trolls seem very 'cagey' about their contact info and using their their real name etc. My finger up to them, is just to have everything on show, i.e real name and my contact info readily available. I am not a paranoid person I suppose and have nothing to hide so figure screw it.

On youtube I see that a lot of really nasty criticisms of others' work and when I go to their page (the troll) it is nearly almost always a blank page; pretty much set up so they can anonymously write nasty stuff. Cowardly assholes [biggrin]

Matt

yeah i am the same i am quite comfortable using my own id i can deal with real life so i can deal with ******s on the web..yeah some people have issues and those youtube trolls are probably jealous of people actually doing something with their lives and gain some happiness by imposing their toxic bile into the world i guess the act of dragging some one down gives them some sense of elevation in a twisted way

i think if you are doing something constructive like art or music you need a positive outlook and you tend to appreciate the efforts of others more..i really enjoy encouraging artists as inspiration can be a great thing and i enjoy seeing some one grow creatively

the cream rises to the top [smile]

Archived