Gibson Brands Forums

A Tele Gets Stoned

damian

Well, I got me another Tele, and did the Keef mod...Lost the low E string and tuned it to the Keef tuning....

Lotta fun.....I bought all gold hardware for it, including a Bigsby, but, the hardware won't fit...............

keefguitar001.jpg

Morkolo; Yes, I agree...Teles do fine with stock wiring.......

Rocketman; Thanks....Ya know, I ignored Teles for 30 years, thinking them ugly and un-rock like.....

What was I thinking ???? [crying] :unsure: .....I own a bunch now.....Teles with Bigsbys......Yup....Mod time !!!!!!!

Eliminating the 6th string lets you jam out and not having to dampen it. A very care free setup.

Yes, I agree Bill.....Playing the songs with the low E on, is counter productive..And it allows the bass player to " breathe."

I picked up a 72 re-issue this month and have been playing it a lot lately. Two humbuckers and beautiful ash wood.

Tuned it to open G yesterday and played around a little and you are right, everything sounds like the Stones.

Does a Tele with HBs sound like a Tele ???

Morkolo; Yes, I agree...Teles do fine with stock wiring.......

Rocketman; Thanks....Ya know, I ignored Teles for 30 years, thinking them ugly and un-rock like.....

What was I thinking ???? [crying] :unsure: .....I own a bunch now.....Teles with Bigsbys......Yup....Mod time !!!!!!!

Cool!! I use my Tele on stage sometimes. Great guitar!

Dallastele.jpg

Archived