Gibson Brands Forums

She's ready

EVOL!

Thanks. The cool thing about Bigsbys now is that the arm has this clear soft plastic sleeve for better grip. The old way with those tiny felt pads was a poor design. They last about a year before they come off.

Although I'm not digging the random Cobra symbol...

I would match up the knobs so they are all the same and loose the cobra patch, and man, that would be/is one red hot guitar. I would dig playin' that bad boy.

I am a freak and these cosmetic additions are just me letting my freak flag fly.

I LOVE IT!!! I've been lusting after a Classic for a while. I like the mismatched knobs and the cobra thing. I'm probably gonna put a new B5 and either some Filtertrons, DeArmond Dyna Sonics, P-90s, or Firebird pickups in my Gretsch electromatic Silver Jet. Its also gonna get a refret with some 6100s, a Tonepros tune o matic, a new nut ( probably a black tusq ), and either Grover Rotomatics, Schaller M6s, or Sperzel locking tuners. I call it the Malcolm guitar ( double cutaway jet ). But its silver sparkle. I think Im gonna tape a piece of paper that reads " The Silver Jubilie" on the front. It also needs new pots and a new switch. This is gonna be a great guitar.

I would also suggest that you get a roller bridge otherwise you will be fight tuning problems.

I have Bigsbys with roller bridges, and Bigsbys without them.......

Anyone who uses a Bigsby and can't stay in tune.............................shouldn't try to play guitar.....

Now, it's time to put a Bigsby on that Silvertone............

Anyone who uses a Bigsby and can't stay in tune.............................shouldn't try to play guitar.....

Yep, my Chet has a Bigsby and does a fine job of staying in tune so long as you don't think of it as a Floyd Rose.

Yep, my Chet has a Bigsby and does a fine job of staying in tune so long as you don't think of it as a Floyd Rose.

What does this do the the string tension and being able to bend strings?

The ease of bending depends on the overall string length. Like on Evol's mod (with the Bigsby set back) the overall string length is longer than it is with a stop or even another Bigsby mounted at the stop anchors. So the bends on Evol's would be easier as the increased tension from the bend is distributed along the entire length of the string. I did the same thing to my MM - moved the Maestro trem back a bit for easier bending - it's the 3 pup mod in my avatar.

Archived