Gibson Brands Forums

Cop Arrest Fireman Captain while Saving a Life

bluesguitar65

The cop got slammed. Federal court jurors awarded $17,500 to the fire captain arrested by a stupid Hazelwood police officer in a dispute over where a firetruck was parked during a 2003 car crash rescue. What a moron, as well as the other cops standing around letting it happen.

uh....a lot of my best friends are cops and THEY are not morons. a few bad apples do not spoil the bunch. that cop would be a bad apple. and so would those standing there and letting this happen. instead of slamming cops you should try to be friends with some of them and hear about the stress they deal with, daily. believe me they are out numbered. there are more worthless assholes out there than cops. but all it takes to make every cop look bad is an idiot like this. hopefully that department changed it's hiring procedures.worthless assholes are a world-wide epidemic. if you have been to america you know why our cops carry guns/automatic weapons. we don't have a perfect society like the rest of the world.

if you have been to america you know why our cops carry guns/automatic weapons. we don't have a perfect society like the rest of the world.

Right. All of our worthless assholes are armed.

rct

..... a few bad apples do not spoil the bunch. that cop would be a bad apple. and so would those standing there and letting this happen. .....

Take a chill. I know cops. I know fireman. You've said it. Bad apples, or morons, there's no excuse for the stupidity displayed in this video and a federal jury agreed.

There is something VERY wrong about this, and it isn't a matter of the cop being right or the fire captain being right.

Regardless of the rescue unit being in violation or not, it was a rescue and they were the ones qualified to make the rescue. The officer put the importance of enforcing the law on the rescue unit BEFORE the safety of the victim being rescued.

The officer should have never pushed it that far, and he should not have arrested the fireman on scene like that, since you can always file charges at a later time. In this case the fire agency does not have control of the scene it's a public roadway they are not responsible for the public safety and they left an apparatus in the roadway to protect themselves in a manner that could have caused a much more serious accident. If the police officer would have just kept his cool and filed long form charges this would have ended very differently and the fireman would have been the one facing legal and departmental action.

Fire men don't always know the area and they don't know how to control a non fire scene like a highway, they have no legal jurisdiction and little training which is why the scene is handled by police not fire they aren't perfect but they do there own jobs well but that was not his job. I have worked at least two serious accidents including one that caused a fatality years ago because a fireman had improperly tried to close a street using a truck just like that. Cars can't stop instantly and you put a firetruck in the path of high speed traffic and you usually end up with several additional accidents often much more serious than the original call.

If that brave fireman jumping out of his truck in traffic to respond to a non-critical accident like a man trapped in a vehicle with a bad back, would have caused a fatality by leaving his truck in the traffic pattern then he would have cost his agency millions as well as probably costing the lives of other sworn emergency team members by his improper actions then the comments on this post would have been very different.

My dad used to say "It's hard to remember that your prime objective is to drain the swamp when you are up to a$$ in alligators". I think the focus needed to be on getting trained help to the injured driver. In my book, the fireman had the right focus. I guess every police force has at least one Barney Fife.

It looks to me that the firetruck did the right thing by providing protectoin for all involved, we have all seen videos of some *** hitting cars parked on the hard shoulder with devastating results.Forget the traffic, they just have to slow down and wait. That cop looks like hes got a very very short fuse. The thing is non of us were there and we don,t now what or how things was being said, two sides and all that.

Archived