Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

damian

It has been a LONG FIVE DAYS since my last NGD thread......[flapper]:rolleyes: :unsure: [crying][scared] .......

Every proper collection to record and gig needs at least one S.G.... Some years back, against their will, all my S.G.s were stolen.....

So, I've taken steps to prevent that from happening again....Here's my first new replacement....It will be "Bigsbyfied" soon.....[drool][woot] ....

SGguitar001.jpg

SGguitar002.jpg

Cool lookin' SG.

Do it come with the other embosed logo pup for the bridge?

No, but that's OK....I'll probably replace the D.M. with a '57plus and Bigsby the bridge.....

It is and will be a players guitar rather than a "collector" guitar........

Riffster, yes, those LP Mahoganys are nice....Love mine as well.....

Congrats, Great looking SG, but you need some f o c u s with your camera ;)

Yeah, you are right.....I'm a detail wh*re, except for re-setting my camera......Gotta fix that......[thumbup] ....

Thanks Jon S.........[thumbup] [thumbup] ..

Thanks Dying Soul..........[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ...........I didn't like SGs until I bought one in 1986......Hated Teles until I bought one in 2009.........

Now, I'm going to put a Bigsby on it........Decided to change out the pups as well.....Two '57 Classics ???

Or; Two cream P-90s (on a new pickguard), Or; Two cream P-90s on a new pickguard with the embossed Gibby pickup in the middle ?????

Or; Two Gibby '57s, and the embossed Gibby PU cover in the middle, but without a pickup actually in it....THIS [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ....

All options with a Bigsby.........Gold....

Nice!! I'm usually not a fan of gold hardware, but that's a looker [thumbup]

I agree completely. The gold goes very well with the warmth of the mahogany.

What year is it? What's the story about the bridge p-up in the neck position? Is that an original p-up? Is the D-M a Super Distortion? Before you swap it out...how does it sound?

Oh, and HNGD, Big D!

P.

I would say if anything gets put in the middle make it the embossed pickup - just the cover seems a waste of space to me - if you're going to do it, might as well make it functional. I know it would be cool with the 2 57 classics, but the 2 p90's and a bucker in between seems interesting too.

for the bigsby,I could take it or leave it. Saw one of these locally where they'd added a Khaller (spelling?) tremolo. It looked cool, but at the time I was after something that would have been collectable and a 70's SG with a trem that was dated to the mid 80's was affordable, but not something that was going to be desirable to a collector when I grew tired of it and decided to sell it. Had I wanted a players guitar, I would have been all over it. :D

Archived