Gibson Brands Forums

Battle Scars

saturn

My gal knocked over a flametop Gibby last night....Two knobs cracked, an easy fix........

Easiest fix ever...dump her...

ONLY JOKING!!

But seriously guys when I get back to my main house I'll some detailed photographs of the tools that I use so that you all dont think I'm just here spittin' S*** [tongue]

Should be a few more days, hopefully by friday I'll have clear accounts of her battle scars, her full beauty, and the entirety of my current gig rig.

CHEERS

-Anotherguy

None of my guitars have self-inflicted dings or scratches.My '66 Harmony Archtone has 2 parallel cracks over the bass bout F hole from where a buddy of mine walked into something while carrying it when it was only a couple of months old.The only marks on other guitars are ones that I bought used and previous owners had scratched them. When gigging I took the utmost care that no harm come to the guitars so they were put on proper stands-as opposed to leaned against an amp-or laid in the case.

Twenty five years ago I left my 1968 SG on the stand to answer the front door and the wind blew the window curtain and knocked my guitar over. I was devastated and in a full panic. I called Marty at the Podium and he told me not to touch it and bring it down to him. He repaired it so well it needed no touch up to the finish and you can hardly tell it ever happened. I would have to point it out to most people or they would never notice the repair. It has been fine ever since. I think I have more scars than my guitars.

Thanks John

2120635600100337768S600x600Q85.jpg

2484409250100337768S600x600Q85.jpg

92' Big Bear/Landers Quake damage.

2263964920100337768S600x600Q85.jpg

I call this one "Carelessness over Cement". I put the pieces back together like an accident investigation.

2595537320100337768S600x600Q85.jpg

2301236600100337768S600x600Q85.jpg

And my resonator. I miss my resonator.

My nighthawk has some belt rash and a couple dings, but nothing I'd call a "Scar".

I just look in the mirror. I have dings, scratches and battle scars and I'm still amazing. My guitar is the same, it's got years of use and some blemishes that happened before I got it and I don't want to know how they happened.

I don't think I could play a case queen without any character.

Here's a patchwork of some of the assorted dings, dents and such on my R0. I look after it but stuff happens.

Happily for me it gets out and about more often these days so it's hardly surprising....

Finishedthing.jpg

P.

I don't like the look of the one chip in the OPs guitar but when there are several like on Pippy's it begins to look cool, I think.

Archived