Gibson Brands Forums

One of the best guitar players out there.

Thundergod

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But man, internet forums are all about slamming other members. [biggrin]

Oh.......[lol] ....Darn, I'm always the last to learn these things...:blink: [scared] :blink: :-k ...

But, yes, Prince is a very good guitarist, IMHO.............

:blink: He's an awesome talent all the way around, but he sorta gives me the creeps because he LOOKS like somebody who has never broken wind in public in his life (and who probably sez "Excuse me" when he does so in private).

Much too classy for the badass music he puts out! [laugh]

J/W

B)

I actually met Prince about 5 years ago and he is certainly one hell of a guitar player. I met him at Norms Rare Guitars, a vintage guitar shop in Encino, CA. He is pretty low key about his guitar playing , but when you hear him play in person, you would be stunned. He is a big Hendrix fan and a hell of a blues player.

Great version of a classic song, as for Prince that guy is one amazing multi instrumentalist... he plays bass better than a lot of the greats. [scared]

That's because he IS one of the freakin' GREATS, you silly Newf!

J/W

(fodder from Carbonear, so I kin says dat!)

[biggrin]

That's because he IS one of the freakin' GREATS, you silly Newf!

J/W

(fodder from Carbonear, so I kin says dat!)

[biggrin]

I know, but not many do people know that. Prince is barely mentioned amongst the likes of funk bass legends such as Larry Graham, Louis Johnson, Stanley Clarke, Bootsy Collins, etc. even though he should be.

I saw him in concert a couple times years ago as far back as Purple Rain since the wife was a big fan, he's amazing and on damn near every instrument played Guitar, Bass, Drums, Piano, Trumpet and I'm sure several more if I could remember them all. The best part he was great on all of them. True talent but strange little dude he's really little.

Prince is a great multi-talented musician, but I have to disagree with the labeling of the youtube guitar solo in While My Guitar Gently Weeps as "Best solo ever". No freakin way. But it is a good guitar solo and I do like Prince's guitar playing. I think if Prince would rock out more he would win over more people.

Archived