Gibson Brands Forums

One of the best guitar players out there.

Thundergod

I've never heard of him being disregarded as a musician by anyone who was, themselves, a musician.

He has an astonishing level of skill on, as has been said by many, a whole truck-load of disparate instruments.

P.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I"m way better than Prince...

Just sayin... [flapper]

Your statement goes against the grain, and is rather arrogant, stupid, and trolling......

Rather dissappointing, but not suprising; you should post with more care...

Your statement goes against the grain, and is rather arrogant, stupid, and trolling......

Rather dissappointing, but not suprising; you should post with more care, and not troll

with such boasting statements about musicians you know nothing about................

Damian

I am almost 100 percent certain (knowing John's online humour and also his modesty) that he is actually joking.

Matt

Damian

I am almost 100 percent certain (knowing John's online humour and also his modesty) that he is actually joking.

Matt

Of course he was, as was I................Did this escape you ???

YES!!!

Autistic humor, and SHRED trolled against me in an older thread in an un-need way........I forgive, I don't forget..........

Back on track MATT...........Prince, IMHO, is a rather amazing musician, and businessman.............[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ......

I watched a programme about him. He controls everything. He manages himself. He owns everything to do with himself.

When he tours. He makes more money than any other act pro-rata. He only needs a small tour to make profit. His studio is in an industrial estate.

Shrewd man. Great musician. When I saw this thread, I thought he was going to be slated. I'm glad you all respect his playing.

You may not like his music, but he has written some great songs.

Autistic humor..

Then I am even more disappointed I didn't pick up!

and SHRED trolled against me in an older thread in an un-need way........I forgive, I don't forget..........

(Ghostly Obi Wan style voice - with loads of reverb)

"Damian...Damian...you must let go and not be bitter... forgive and forget" (the mysterious voice fades)

Matt

I think his song writing is what made Prince successful over the years. Some may not appeal to that style of music, but his "POP" music is what made him popular. As a musician, many do not know him as that as I said, he is very low key about that, but he is certainly well known as a pop artist, and many of his pop songs were written by him.

I'm sure many have heard this song written by him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAZgLcK5LzI

Prince is a musical multi-tasker. He has massive talent with all aspects of the music biz. I think that's why his guitar playing has not been in the spotlight. As an artist/entertainer, he is like a diamond which has many facets and his guitar playing is just one facet. I would love to see Prince do a guitar centered album and maybe bring some other great guitar slingers in like Slash, Lenny Kravitz and Joe Bonnamassa. I would buy that album in a heartbeat.

BTW, is that guy who's playing acoustic, George Harrison's son? He sure looks like George. :-k

No. That's Tom Petty.

Oh...you meant the OTHER one?

Yes. That's Dhani Harrison. Well spotted, saturn!

"Google is your friend"...

"After George Harrison's death on 29 November 2001, Dhani Harrison, in collaboration with Jeff Lynne, completed George's final album, Brainwashed, which was released in 2002.[4] He participated in the Concert for George on the first anniversary of George's death. The concert was organized by Eric Clapton and featured some of George's friends and collaborators, including Eric Clapton, Billy Preston, Ravi Shankar, Jeff Lynne, Tom Petty, Ringo Starr, Jim Keltner, Joe Brown and Paul McCartney. Dhani Harrison played backup acoustic guitar for most of the concert. Before the finale, McCartney relayed to the audience, "Olivia said that with Dhani up on stage, it looks like George stayed young and we all got old".[5]"

Hope that helps.

P.

Archived