Gibson Brands Forums

The artist that singlehandedly restored my faith in the music industry.

Buxom

Gary Clark Jr. My English teacher told me to look him up today. I'm so glad he did. Over all, he's an incredible player, and is doing a great job with his bluesy, crunchy, tunes. Give this man a listen.

Gary Clark Jr. My English teacher told me to look him up today. I'm so glad he did. Over all, he's an incredible player, and is doing a great job with his bluesy, crunchy, tunes. Give this man a listen.

very cool, I hadn't heard of him before and will definitely check out more of his stuff. Thanks for sharing [thumbup]

Gary Clark Jr. ... doing a great job with his bluesy, crunchy, tunes.

If you like GCJ, you might want to check out the movie "HoneyDripper." He's the traveling bluesman who comes to play in Danny Glover's Alabama juke joint (Keb' Mo' also plays a Blind Lemon type street musician). Good movie if you like delta blues or John Sayles.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0829193/

I first learn of and became a fan of GCJ when I was watching the Eric Clapton Crossroads Fest. Truthfully I was blown away with his sould. Hes got a great groove...and if he restored your faith in music then thats great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_ZeDn-hHGE

Not to crap the thread but If you like this guy you check out Otis Taylor.

He did the music thing, including a short stint with Tommy Bolin, Retired from music in '77 then ran a very successful antiques business in Denver. Got back into the music scene in '95.

Yeah, good stuff but this song reminds me to much of the music from a TV commercial.

Archived