Gibson Brands Forums

explosive drum introductions

Bluemoon

ZZ Top (Frank Beard, drums) - La Grange.... busting out of the intro into the verse (you know the part I mean!)

The James Gang (Jimmy Fox, drums)- Funk #49 (Gotta love the cowbell)

Rush (Neil Peart, drums) - Best I Can (Damn, I love this song! It's a great riff, but the drums really make it move!)

Of course talking about explosive drumming, anything with Keith Moon or Mitch Mitchell fits the bill, but that would make for a very long list!

If it counts, I've always thought "When the Levee Breaks" (Zeppelin) was simple but brilliantly executed. It sounds huge. If I was a hip-hop producer, I'd kill to sample that song.

My guilty pleasure drum intro song would have to be "Easy Target" (blink-182). It's just some crazy-*** snare which explodes into a punk rock song with this surf vibe, but it ALWAYS gets me pumped up. Travis Barker is quite possibly the quintessential punk drummer and a modern day legend.

If it counts' date=' I've always thought "When the Levee Breaks" (Zeppelin) was simple but brilliantly executed. It sounds huge. If I was a hip-hop producer, I'd kill to sample that song.[/quote']

One of my favorites too. The Beastie Boys did sample it.

I always liked the drum intro to Take The Money And Run. I don't know who Steve Millers drummer was but his songs always had great drumming IMO.

• 6 months later...

Archived