Gibson Brands Forums

Gary Moore.

LT ED

Just read on the UK classic rock website that Garys death was infact alcohol relaited. Apparently he was 5 times over the UK drink drive limit which was a factor in his fatal heart attack. So sad and such a waste.

Just read on the UK classic rock website that Garys death was infact alcohol relaited. Apparently he was 5 times over the UK drink drive limit which was a factor in his fatal heart attack. So sad and such a waste.

does that mean it was a contributing factor or it actually caused his death?, i mean i never even heard of alcoholics dying from heart attack!...liver failure or choking on vomit yea..

...Apparently he was 5 times over the UK drink drive limit...

Whilst not wishing to condone over-indulgence in alcohol I think it's fair to point out that 5x the drink-drive limit for an average male is only about 6 pints of, say, Stella Artois which is hardly an unusual quantity for a Saturday NIght out...

P.

Whilst not wishing to condone over-indulgence in alcohol I think it's fair to point out that 5x the drink-drive limit for an average male is only about 6 pints of, say, Stella Artois which is hardly an unusual quantity for a Saturday NIght out...

P.

correct B)

That's a sad report to read...but also a lesson for others

I had noticed how unhealthy he was looking for the last couple of years

IMO he deserved to have better close friends and advisors around to steer him away from binges etc

And maybe a routine health-check would have highlighted potential cardio problems....

V

:-({|=

PS That amount of alcohol equates to nearly 2 bottles of wine or a bottle of spirits

Depends how frequently it was going on.... :unsure:

Guest farnsbarns

P.

Besides it's more like 5 pints of Fosters which is basically breakfast!

PS That amount of alcohol equates to nearly 2 bottles of wine or a bottle of spirits

Depends how frequently it was going on.... :unsure:

Eh? A bottle of spirits is 20 x the dd limit.

Besides it's more like 5 pints of Fosters which is basically breakfast!

One beer and I get dizzy. 5 pints and I'd be dead. How do people drink so much and not get drunk?

Maybe I lack an enzyme, or my metabolism is wierd or something. But I see people take one drink after the other and I wonder how they are not getting sick and walking in figure 8's.

I think SteveJL is more correct on this one. Alcohol while potentially deadly to the liver is somewhat cardioprotective (through an increase in HDL). Cigarettes are way more potent in leading to heart disease in someone of that age group.

That's a sad report to read...but also a lesson for others

I had noticed how unhealthy he was looking for the last couple of years

IMO he deserved to have better close friends and advisors around to steer him away from binges etc

My very own brother had many close friends, family, and advisors around him. We loved him dearly. He did whatever he wanted, nobody was going to stop him.

And maybe a routine health-check would have highlighted potential cardio problems....

My very own brother was told unequivocably, without doubt, by very serious and stern doctors, if you do not stop doing this you will be dead in 5 years, your heart will stop working, you will not see your daughter out of elementary school. Three years later, one of the few days that year he was sober, he was dead before his head hit the ground, that's how fast his heart just stopped working.

So yes, there is a lesson for others. People do what people do, and most of the time the people around them can't stop them, and the hardest part of all: they just don't giveas hit. That's why they die. So for Mr. Moore, like millions upon millions of people that have nowhere near the resources he had, it's the way out they pick, because nearly all know, beyond doubt, that this is wrong, and that it can only have a bad end. I don't care how many records he made or how good they were, it only takes enough smarts to be a cat to keep yerself from being dead from budweiser.

rct

does that mean it was a contributing factor or it actually caused his death?, i mean i never even heard of alcoholics dying from heart attack!...liver failure or choking on vomit yea..

for someone in good health say some 18 yr old probably not a problem! :rolleyes: but at 60and a lifetime of bad habits, watch out!had a work mate at 49 who would eat a 3 lb ham and down a 12 pack regularly! :unsure: 1st heart attack he said doctors did'nt know what they were talk'in about! so did'nt change any thing! :unsure: so shortly had heart attack no.2! [scared] he still did'nt believe the docs so no.3 got him! [-( so YES drinkin to excess can bring on a heart attack! maybe not the 1st or the 10th time but long term be careful! ](*,)'

Archived