Gibson Brands Forums

Sunday Morning Medicine

Buc McMaster

Yeah, yeah.......the Friday session was pretty much a disaster for results, but it was fun! I felt like I needed some musical medicine this morning..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVCEjsoOzAg

Buc, fantastic, as usual. Didn't you collaborate with Krassi on that tune a year or so ago?

Would you be okay if I learned it, it's truly a great song?

Rob I'd be pleased if you took the time to learn the tune............don't think anyone's covered me yet! Post a video!! And yes, Krassi did use these lyrics with a melody/chord sequence of his own - quite well done, I might add!

The shirt is an old Levi's flannel I've had for close to 20 years, an old favorite. The hat is a few years old - gotta have one in Texas!

Thank you folks for the kind words!! I sincerely appreciate you!!

Rob I'd be pleased if you took the time to learn the tune............don't think anyone's covered me yet! Post a video!! And yes, Krassi did use these lyrics with a melody/chord sequence of his own - quite well done, I might add!

The shirt is an old Levi's flannel I've had for close to 20 years, an old favorite. The hat is a few years old - gotta have one in Texas!

Thank you folks for the kind words!! I sincerely appreciate you!!

Done!

The hat is to cover my "morning hair".

I found it okay to fingerpick, but didn't want to do the same version as did you.

Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_aydUi1cDo&feature=youtu.be

Buc - better and better!!!

Dan - bravo, my man!

msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

You hang in their Buc

Good job DanvillRob

[thumbup]

Thank you both...but it's Buc's song...I just fell in love with it when I heard he play it this morning.

I'd pay money just to listen to Buc at his kitchen table!

Done! The hat is to cover my "morning hair". I found it okay to fingerpick, but didn't want to do the same version as did you. Hope you like it.

Woohoo! I like the dynamic swings you use - good job! No one's ever covered my tunes before......I'm honored! And yes, my hat was to disquise a bad case of morning hair too! Ha!

JCV: Yes sir, I changed the machine heads within a week or so of purchasing the guitar. The keystones just look better on a Hummingbird.

Buc, you are the REAL deal, man!

You too, Rob.

I kinda miss the link to the session, I liked it a lot. It IS good, regardless of any thoughts on it being better in this area or that.

And Rob makes the point here quite well I think: When you got a great tune, it works in a lot of different versions and ways.

I hope you don't mind an unsolicited opinion, but you should get your *** back in the studio. What's the big idea being so damned good at this and keeping it to yourself?

I kinda miss the link to the session, I liked it a lot. It IS good, regardless of any thoughts on it being better in this area or that. I hope you don't mind an unsolicited opinion, but you should get your *** back in the studio. What's the big idea being so damned good at this and keeping it to yourself?

Well thank you. I do think the song is good, among the best I've written I believe. The session was fun but without the desired results.....ah well. And as for keeping it to myself, nah. The OP is evidence to the contrary. The session video I posted earlier was....well....I didn't much like the take. The dobro line was uninspired and I fumbled the vocal in a spot......the audio was not good at all. Hence my Sunday morning medicine.....had to get it out of my system properly to feel better about the whole thing. Thank you for listening! And, just for you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AbEnJOVfrE

Buc, you are the REAL deal, man!

You too, Rob.

I kinda miss the link to the session, I liked it a lot. It IS good, regardless of any thoughts on it being better in this area or that.

And Rob makes the point here quite well I think: When you got a great tune, it works in a lot of different versions and ways.

I hope you don't mind an unsolicited opinion, but you should get your *** back in the studio. What's the big idea being so damned good at this and keeping it to yourself?

Stein, I agree... Buc is the real deal here!

I'm amazed what he can convey just sitting at his kitchen table with a guitar and recorder.

I hope to hear a LOT more from him....and I'd buy his stuff for sure.

.... I found it okay to fingerpick, but didn't want to do the same version as did you.

Hope you like it.

Hell yes I like it.

Nice job Rob.

And I'm very impressed to see you're not afraid to drop a bit of percussion on your beautiful DIF. . Cool. . B)

Well thank you. I do think the song is good, among the best I've written I believe. The session was fun but without the desired results.....ah well. And as for keeping it to myself, nah. The OP is evidence to the contrary. The session video I posted earlier was....well....I didn't much like the take. The dobro line was uninspired and I fumbled the vocal in a spot......the audio was not good at all. Hence my Sunday morning medicine.....had to get it out of my system properly to feel better about the whole thing. Thank you for listening! And, just for you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AbEnJOVfrE

Buc...it's hard to match this song with bass and dobro backing...but you did it on Sunday morning.

I still like this version, but I LOVE it when you played it by yourself.

There's something just so "honest" about a guy and his guitar, without all the enhancements!

It's one of the best you've written? No kidding! It's one of the best ANYONE has written!

Hell yes I like it.

Nice job Rob.

And I'm very impressed to see you're not afraid to drop a bit of percussion on your beautiful DIF. . Cool. . B)

HAHAHA...thanks.... I have to use good "pick control" so as not to scar the guitar..... so far so good! (they ARE after all to play, right?)

Archived