Gibson Brands Forums

Saddened New Amp Day.

AXE®

Everyone has been through this stage, they want to be their idol, anyway im going through that stage

That's very true, and it helps set you on your path to be your own style but with influences from your favs.

I have been eyeing the 60s cabs. A bud has a Mesa Dual Rectifier head and a Marshall cab (not 60s). He's a metal head and gets nice crunch out of them. He uses a Jackson with emg's (sorry dem000000000n) [smile] , but I'm in for more of a pure rock sound with sustaining leads. I'm sure the YJM delivers that. Hmmmm. Oh, and congrats [thumbup]

Very cool head, certainly has the look of my old Plexi's from back in "the day". Two panels? Could you post a pic of the back when you get a chance? Not familiar with these myself, but I'm guessing there is no need for a jumper between channels like we all used to do in the past.

Sweet amp, enjoy it. Glad to see these came out before he passed.

Thanks y'all.That bugger is LOUD!!!

I bet it is! Are you using the built in attenuator at all or running it wide open? There's a half power switch too, right? How well does the noise gate work? Love to hear some clips when you get around to it. Congrats on a great new amp!

I run them both at 100 watts.

50% on the power scale.

And jumped (YJM)

I need to tell you guys that this ain't no super high gain amp.. Even with the boost engaged, which acts like a built-in overdrive pedal, you're not going to be able to hide any sloppy playing from it.

I need to tell you guys that this ain't no super high gain amp.. Even with the boost engaged, which acts like a built-in overdrive pedal, you're not going to be able to hide any sloppy playing from it.

This is as it should be! [thumbup]

This is as it should be! [thumbup]

Yep, should sound "crunchy", not "distorted" in the high gain sense. Much like it's earliest predecessors (but with some super cool new features). Got to look into one of these!

Archived