Gibson Brands Forums

Guns N' Roses Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Performance

Tman5293

+1

Damn straight. Myles kicked a$$! . B)

Don't come back Axl.

I'm not sure if Axl should be allowed back on stage ever again after this, I mean compare this performance to Axl's "Roses" in Rio.... no comparison whatsoever. I couldn't get over how well Myles Kennedy did on this one.

Excelent! Axl must feel like crap now, imagine missing something like that just because your ego is too big. Those guys will remeber that performance for the rest of their lives... Axl will remember missing it... ](*,)

You have to remember Axl said he didn't want to get back with the original guys because that would just be for the fans...... #-o

I think after this show, it is worse for AXL than it was before.

NOW the public can see these guys can operate without him REAL good. If there was doubt, there isn't now.

I would not be surprised if the fans with hopes of a reunion would prefer and ask for a version that did not include AXL, even IF it could work with him.

I don't know how one man can create such bad karma for himself. It seems the harder he tries, and the harder he pushes for credibility, the further away he ends up.

I think after this show, it is worse for AXL than it was before.

NOW the public can see these guys can operate without him REAL good. If there was doubt, there isn't now.

I would not be surprised if the fans with hopes of a reunion would prefer and ask for a version that did not include AXL, even IF it could work with him.

I don't know how one man can create such bad karma for himself. It seems the harder he tries, and the harder he pushes for credibility, the further away he ends up.

At least if a version without Axl was formed people would know the band would play on time and finish their set.

At least if a version without Axl was formed people would know the band would play on time and finish their set.

True. Good point. I wonder how much $ has been wasted on cancelled tours and shows over the last decade or so?

True. Good point. I wonder how much $ has been wasted on cancelled tours and shows over the last decade or so?

I'm not sure but I'd hate to be the one paying for the PR after the cancelled the shows where the ticket holders rioted.

Sounds pretty good. Good to hear Steven back on the drums. And I too would have preferred Izzy over Gilby, but he sounded killer anyways. Myles did a good job. Could have been a better frontman but then again it was a Hall Of Shame performance not a real rock show. His voice was a little too much for me to take though. Almost too good. Maybe I've just been listening to too much Ace Frehley and got used to his voice, which used to make me crack up every time I heard him sing.... Although I've been listening to Rush a lot too.....Well, Geddy's style is miles away from Myles (HA! Difference wise, not skill wise), in that he doesn't have the multi-octaves in his voice or that lovely vibrato. GEDDY IS JUST SO DAMN HIGH!!!!!

Anyways, this version of Guns (without the Roses) sounds epic and we can actually trust them! They should do a project together with a different name! WHO"S WITH ME! Myles, Slash, Gilby, Duff, and Steven! Awesome!

It would be interesting to know the actual revenue. The record took TWELVE YEARS for him to make with lots of different musicians. And I understand there are a lot of copies made that didn't sell?

I wonder how much legal expense is paid out trying to block the GNR name whenever someone mentions it with Slash?

I'm with most of you: Where is Izzy? This reunion is a failure without him. I feel gypped. We all knew this would work without princess axl, but not without the other four.

I ordered the Izzy and got a Gilby :(

Here's what the man said:

I have waited up to this point to see what would become of the GNR induction into RRHOF. I would like to say THANK YOU and GRACIAS to RRHOF for the acknowledgement of our works over the years as a band. BIG THANKS to all my bandmates who helped get us to where we are today. And, of course, THANK YOU to all of the people on this planet (including, but not limited to, the entire universe and beyond, etc., etc., etc.) who have supported Guns N' Roses from day one. Adios, Amigos!

Izzy Stradlin

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL!

Archived